Oct. 12, sad day for our family

Thank you everybody for your caring responses. I never intended for the post to be that long or revealing. No matter how much time passes, the hurt remains barely hidden to others.
We had a great fish fry, I stayed very busy doing all the cooking. It was good being surrounded by friends.
Life does not come with guarantees. Enjoy every moment and hug those you love.

I'm a little late here Frank, but you know I share in your grief as we share similar circumstances.

Nothing can make it better, but the memories, at least for me, help tremendously.

Karl

Frank,

Thank you for posting, and reminding all of us how fragile our lives are. I hope the feelings of solace and comfort sent from your family here help, if but a little.

Ken

I'm not trying to bump this thread but wife and I just learned something very interesting about our son's crypt. I have often seen fresh flowers in the small vase attached to the outside of the cover. I have always assumed my wife put them there. Strangely, we don't talk about this very often as it's just too hurtful. But, the other day she asked me if I had put the purple flowers there. I said no, I thought she had. And, we learned that all this time (eleven years) someone else has been putting them there. We have no idea who. You may recall, I said he was an extraordinarily talented writer. He really was. And, strangely, many famous writers in history have had unknown admirers place flowers on their graves for many years. Edgar Allen Poe is one of the more well known.