sinus infection

I missed work most of this week due to a headache that started Sunday and wouldn't go away, not even with maximum doses of Excedrine Migraine. Ended up going to the MD Thursday - some sort of infection, likely a bacterial sinus infection. Got some antibiotics and a prescription decongestant. I'm starting to feel a bit better, but am still mostly lazing about trying to be restful.

Hopefully next weekend I'll get some shop equipment moved around for some pics of the reorganized shop. I'm tantalizingly close to having things the way I want them, but am trying to tell myself that a hobby isn't worth possibly prolonging an illness. Anyhow, this will happen just in time for the cold weather to finally arrive - I guess the next "shop" related project will be to put some white panelboard up as a ceiling in the heated basement and to try to make an assembly / finishing area in the basement for the cold weather.

Mark,
Sorry to hear about the sinus infection. I'm a twice a year on average type. I've been doing better now that I don't travel (down to one infection a year.). It is amazing to me how little air cavities in your head can stop you dead in your tracks.
Drink plenty of fluids and watch it doesn't get in your chest! And no dust right now - it will make things worse real fast!

Feel better!!

Wes

Sorry you're under the weather. Excited for you in getting your space organized. I'm in the middle of doing my electrical project and the ensuing mess almost drives me crazy. I'm handicapped now that I have had things a bit organized to where my workflow is easy, I get crabby when it is not ;-)

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection. I know where what you are talking about. They can really get you down. I went through about 12 years of 4 to 6 serious sinus infections a year. Even after 3 sinus surgeries to "fix" the problem. Finally found doctor that did re-constructive sinus surgery and have not a sinus infection since then (2 years). I know from experience that lots of rest and liquids will help. As Wes said, dust will only make things worse. Get well soon.

Mike

Thanks for the well wishes. I understand about dust exposure. I'm scared to use the shop vac with CleanStream HEPA filters to get a couple leftover piles of shavings until I'm back to 100%.

Mark, I got a sinus infection the first time I turned some spalted wood....make sure you watch out for that as well as I've heard of the infections from wood fungus getting pretty bad.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the next major tool purchase might be one of those powered air face mask thingees that Bill Grumbine uses. Maybe he'll let me play with that in a couple weeks to see if it would work for me.

Anyhow, today is the first day with no headache! :thumb: Even if it comes back now (that I'm at work) and lasts the rest of the day, progress is still happening.

Well folks, after two days of being headache free the headache is back. :(

I was contemplating doing some vacuuming and maneuvering in the shop tonight - perhaps this is a message from the powers that be reminding me I'm not all better yet. Or maybe it is just the weather front moving in. Whichever it is, I say "AARRRGGGHHH!!!!"

Hmmm... Ned wants to feed his lathe addiction at my place sometime - maybe I can charge him some vacuuming and moving things around labor for his fix, erm, I mean for his pleasure. :rofl:

Mark,
If it doesn't go away with regular pain medication, go back to the doc (or at least give them a call). Typically it means the antibiotics aren't working.:(

Good luck, Wes

When I lived in NY I never got sick to speak of but after I moved out here I seem to get 4-6 sinus infections a year and they kick my but. The Dr. sugested to take a mucinex daily and to take some kind of allergy medicine. I hate taking any medicine but if it reduces the # of infections I get it is worth it. the Dr did say next one I get she is refering me to an ENT doc. If it has been a few days and your not better call the Dr and have them get you a stronger med. hope your back 100% quick