Lathe Stand Completed

Looking good, Jay... For personal dust protection, also consider the 3M Airstream. I tried all three (Trend, Triton and 3M) and you quickly understand why the Airstream is more than twice the money.

Stu

Showed your post to LOML, she says that I'm in BIG trouble if I let the piles get that deep!

Triton on order as well as some other dust control thingies!

Going out to clean up, not going to play with that cedar anymore until I get the mask

Had to take two showers yesterday to get the cedar smell off my skin, I wasn't wearing a long sleeve shirt.

Jay

My wife never says anything to me about my shop. It's man territory. I sweep when I feel like it. [for the record: there is NO 'wink' similie here]
Yes, the aromatic cedar can cause problems. I like the smell but when bandsawing, sanding or turning, the dust aggravates my sinuses something awful. I wear a Dust-Bee-Gone mask and that protects me just fine.

Hey Jay..........

basic_mess.JPG

That is a fairly regular amount of shavings in the Dungeon :D

I know it is time to break out the shovel, and burnable garbage day is tomorrow, so I'll clean it up a bit, but really, it never ends! :wave:

Get yourself a pair of "Turning" shoes, that you only wear at the lathe, that way you will not track a lot of stuff into the house, and maybe some shower curtains around the lathe will contain the mess more? :dunno:

Good luck! :thumb:

That is nothing, not even a weeks worth of shavings, I destroy a lot of wood down there, I just show the ones that make it to the finished stage :D

When I went on a roughing spree, now that was a lot of shoveling........:rolleyes: :D

OK here is what I'm talking about...........

bigtime_mess.jpg
..... oh yeah, big time mess :D

Jay, if you wife ever complains about the mess you make, print this pic out and show it to her! :thumb:

How many bags did that fill............??

bigtime_mess_bagged.jpg
......... just a few........ :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And then you have to get it out of the dungeon??:eek: Glad I have a few trees and some garden beds that I can "mulch" with my curlies.:p

BTW does anything ever come up "missing" while you have a pile like that?

Last edited:
Yep had the same problem this week Stu. Took 16 shovels full (I mean grain shovels full) of chips out this week.:eek: One nice thing about the chips they sure do make it comfortable to stand on concrete.