1200 planes for sale

Frank Fusco

No, they are not mine and I have no interest in them at all. This is just for information. Mods may move if I'm in the wrong place. (which I often am :eek: )
Enneyhow. Went on a Sunday, old folks, slow drive today to a nearby old town to just look around and take a few pictures of some falling down buildings. Went into an antique shop/flea market on the main street. Got blown away by the selection of old tools the guy has for sale. Has many fine old hand/Neander tools. A collectors treasure house. I mentioned to him on how fine his collection is and that I was on a forum with a buncha nuts.....er...guys who love those things. He said he has a #1 Leonard Bailey plane. He emphasized that it IS NOT A STANLEY. Anyone interested may call him. I didn't ask price but he is retiring and everything is half price but I don't know half of what. He said he has another 1200 planes in storage that he uses to replace what he sells. I saw about a half dozen each of Stanley #1 and #2 planes. Drooled over a ca. 1700 goosewing squaring axe. Beautiful condition. Asking price, $1250.00. Oh, well. Anyone interested can call and ask for Richard at 870-656-1043. Tell 'em Frank sent ye. And, no, I don't get commission.

I'm assuming . . .

Hes NOT near El Paso, TX. THAT'd be too easy !

Sister-in-laws husband's Grandfather's ( whew ! ) estate sale is next weekend. Supposedly has a bunch of antique tools. Trying to figure a way to do a RECON before hand. But I hate proving my self the bottom feeder that I am !

big old tool sale coming?

We have had much rain and subsequent serious flooding in this area recently. The town of Calico Rock, where this shop is located is currently under water. The main level was under four or five feet of water yesterday. And, he has thousands of old tools stored in the basement. Has to be major damage and loss there. If he has a sale later, I'll let you know. Sad.