The trucking company called...

Bill Grumbine

My Robust is on its way! The guy at the trucking company expects that it will be here on Wednesday. I've got to remake that hole in the shop now...

More to come when it comes.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bill

I sorta feel sorry for that poor Robust lathe. I watched Bill abuse a Vega for a couple of days and that Robust better be able to live up to its name because our friend Mr. Grumbine takes no prisoners when it comes to putting chisel to spinning wood.:p:rofl:

By the way, don't ask Bill stupid questions while he is coring. He cored 15 pounds of silver maple at me in Greensboro....and I was just minding my own business.:eek::D

Bill missed by the way. He was surprised that I was as agile as I am. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee....

Don't worry guys, there will be pictures. Based on my experience with trucking companies, the camera will be waiting as the truck pulls up to the shop. But there will be pictures. :D

Ned, looking over the list of possible attendees for the party, Robust is going to be a word in constant use on several levels. Turning muscles will abound! :rofl:

Stu, I am not sure how fast Mike actually floated. With the average age of the crowd there and the time of morning, a good shuffle would have looked fast! :p But I think it was the first time a lot of them had seen a bowl cored at 950 rpm. They do come loose in a dramatic manner. :eek:

I am really looking forward to seeing how far a shaving can fly with 3 phase 3 HP, a sharp Thompson gouge, and wet maple on the machine. Of course, the very first thing that is probably going to go on the lathe is a table leg I need to do for a friend and business associate. :rolleyes: Then I can play around a bit.