Here is the specs from the Griz webpage on the G0632:
* Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase with single-phase frequency drive
* Power requirement: 220V, single-phase
* Swing over bed: 16"
* Distance between centers: 42"
* Heavy-duty, precision machined steel bed and cast iron legs ensures stability and minimal vibration
* 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
* Spindle variable speed control with digital readout
* Speed range, high: 0-3200 RPM low: 0-1200 RPM
* MT#2 spindle & tailstock tapers
* Spindle bore: .445"
* Overall dimensions: 77-1/16"L x 22-1/16"W x 47"H
* Approximate shipping weight: 440 lbs.
# 30° direct indexing using 1 indexing hole
# 10° indexing using all 3 indexing holes
It sure doesn't look like a bad lathe for the money but not sure how the steel bed would stack up against a cast iron bed. By the way we aren't getting the G0462 mixed up with the G0632.
Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 10-20-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”
To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.