Thread: Pullout and swivel TV bracket/stand

Pullout and swivel TV bracket/stand

I'm designing a entertainment unit around a 55" LCD. Because of the location the TV needs to be able to be pulled out and swiveled for optimum viewing. I've looked at afew wall mount systems and a few slide out mechanisms. Any one have experiences with either of these systems?

Doug

Doug

Would it work to make your own with heavy duty glides & a swivel chair base under the TV platform? This way you control the quality of the glides & the swivel base.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

doug, i`ve used the slideout kind but the ones i`ve used wheren`t for plasmas, they where for crt`s...maybe somebody has some good info?
    i`d check with k-v and blum.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

TV Mount

I recently installed just such a mount for my Son.

Very high quality mount.

I can get the name if you want it.

I think the mount alone was in the $300 range.

I think I found a picture.

Looks like you should get one for a much lower price now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wallmount.jpg  
    Last edited by Pete Simmons; 10-21-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added pic

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Sinjem View Post
    I'm designing a entertainment unit around a 55" LCD. Because of the location the TV needs to be able to be pulled out and swiveled for optimum viewing. I've looked at afew wall mount systems and a few slide out mechanisms. Any one have experiences with either of these systems?

Doug
    Hi Doug ,
    I have done both the wall mount and the pull out and swivel. If the tv is only about 4" thick I would recommend the wall mount bracket. ( about 2 1/2" deep ) so plan on double 3/4" ply set in to about 6 1/2 to 7" deep in the pocket for the tv. Found out for me, when retracted the TV looks best set about 1/2'' back in from flush with the front of the cabinet. It will allow you to pull the tv out and then turn. If you decide to go for the pull out and swivel I like the very heavy duty (300#) drawer slides. Plan on making a base that is about 3" tall that you can mount the slides to ( these slides do not come apart but they can be mounted to the cabinet wall first and then to the pull out shelf.
    The shelf/base is like a drawer upside down with a 3/4" roof, beef up under as you see fit, then cut another 3/4" piece same size as the other piece. you will mount a 17" or larger swivel in between the layers, band the top layer to cover the plywood edges and some of the thickness of the swivel. It is actually a smoothly working set up. 22" slides about $75.00 and a aluminum 17" swivel is about $50- $75.00
    Sorry I have no photos of this just now. Will try to get some.
    Shaz
    P.S. I don't know if LCD's come in thin versions or not. I just build according to the size of the tv+ margin, not knowing much about crt's lcd's or plasmas
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 10-21-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Thanks guys I think I'm going to go with the wall mount that pulls out and swivels. After more research this makes the most sense.

Doug

Easy fix. A set of heavyduty full extension drawer slides. A heavyduty Swival Lazy susan & Plywood. Make a slide out shelf with the Full extensions and some plywood. thenmount a Large heavyduty lazy susan and another piece of plywood atop that slide, then the TV on the swivel.