For those who have misgivings as to whether I actually get the workshop dirty, heres a couple of projects that were completed this weekend. Its a long weekend here so I have had 4 lovely days off to play in the shed.
Some time ago I made a Morris Chair from the plans in Australian Woodsmith Magazine. Its a bi-monthly mag produced in Aus and quite popular here in New Zealand, and is very much in the vain of the American fine woodworking mag.
Since the chair was finished I always wanted to do a footstool to compliment it, but when we moved I miss placed the magazine so the stool has been done from memory and is sized to suit the chair. All thats left to do is stain it and give it a coat of poly.
The trolley you see in the photos is a commissioned piece for a local artist, and is very much a prototype, but I'm pleased with the outcome.
The timber is Rimu for the main trolley frame, with the shelf bases Macrocarpa as is the lid.
The removable brush box is made from Kauri. The trolley is on roller which have brakes on the front wheels. For security ( enquiring little minds ) case clips have been located on both sides of the lid with a small padlock for security.