Acronyms

Chuck Beland

There are so dang many I can figure out about half of them I tried to search & find a list of them here, no good. Is there a list somewhere so I don't have to keep asking stupid questions on what they mean???

Chuck

It isn't just acronymns. Using terminology that might not be universally known is a discouragement to some. I met a fellow recently, who joined FW but doesn't visit very often. He simply doesn't know what is being talked about much of the time. He asked me, "what's a mustard?" Good question, I didn't know for a long time until I asked.
My sometimes postings that just say, "Wassa gozorniplatz?" Are meant, really, more as a jibe to please tell us what you are talking about than a joke.

Frank brings up a good point. Especially considering the international scope of the membership here, it's very helpful for people to take the extra couple of seconds and type out what they really are saying, instead of abbreviating things or using excessive slang. (I'm as guilty as the next guy.) When the forum staff was discussing whether or not to even post a list of acronyms, it was pointed out that it sure helps other people out if they are kept to a minimum. There are some that have become so standard that they are part of the language, but other can be confusing to some folks, especially some of the specialized woodworking terms and abbreviations.