First box

Jeff Horton

This is my first attempt at a mitered corner box. It's not perfect but I am well pleased for my first attempt. First thing in a couple of weeks that hasn't had big problems!

box.jpg box2.jpg
It's made of Oak I found in the attic of an old Post Office/General Store on my property. So the Oak must be at least 50 years old. Probably closer to 70. I am not a big fan of oak but this stuff is beautiful, just very thin. The center is a piece of mahogany I had left over from a boat project several years ago.

Very nice box Jeff. I like to use oak on boxes . I like to mix it with ash for accents when i put mitered keys in and lid pulls and knobs.
Good job!

Corey

Looks nice, Jeff. Simple lines, and a nice combination of woods. Boxes are a lot more challenging than they look, huh? ;)

Sounds like quite a place you have there, Jeff. Your own General Store and Post Office...what...did you buy the whole town? :D (The smiley is green with envy. I'd love to have something more than a city lot.)

Vaughn, I am just not a city boy. Couldn't stand it for long at all. I have 3 acres. My FIL and his brother are pilots. His brother is still active and flew over just a few days ago. Gives me an excuse post this photo. ;) Will post that in the Off Topic section.

But the Store/PO is very small and about to fall in. Not much to see. I just recently found out what it was.