Wall Board and OSB Time

glenn bradley

I'll try not to drag this thread out as long as the 'next' workbench thread. I've picked up some supplies to cover the wall exposed during the electrical install (thanks for the assist dad).

A few random pieces of drywall left by the previous owners will come down (the insulation job was their's too). Bulk of the surface will be OSB painted white. Balance will be drywall to replace and patch areas that were removed or punched through during the electrical install.

The opposite wall (not pictured) is already drywalled and will get some patching, etc. so it can be painted when this wall is. I hope to up my light 'bounce' with glossy white walls on each side of the shop and the white interior of the roll up door adjacent.

OSB-Phase-1.jpg

Update 102407: That's one . . .

OSB-1.jpg

Who knows, after I patch all my hack drywall work, prime and paint; it just might pass.

Last edited:
That's two. Yeah, this is moving along much faster than the bench project. Might be inspiration as I can't really do anything else until this gets done.

Attachments

• OSB-2.jpg
    OSB-2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 37
OK, primer and patchwork done. Rolling the semi-gloss white this morning.

wall-primed.jpg

There is a vapor barrier between studs and outer paper / stucco. No inner barrier in SoCal.

P.s. Ignore the door, his day will come.

I know this has just been a thrill packed adventure of a thread but I feel better . . . there's paint! This pic shows about 20 feet of the 30 foot wall that is ready for cleats.

Let-there-be-paint.jpg

I've got the material for the cleats and have begun ripping them down. I know the anticipation is killing you but, you'll just have to wait for the next post.

You go Glenn! :thumb:
This thread takes me back about 10 years when I was converting my garage to a shop. I started with walls that already had sheet rock, but you last posting reminded me of just how much work, time, and primer :eek: it took to make things look a little bit better than a dungeon.
Keep at it and keep the pics coming!

Cleats Ahoy

I can only get so much done per day during the week as I work in the shop after work and after all the house-stuff is done. Being a bachelor that requires some discipline. Otherwise the house starts to look like . .. uh . . . er . . . well, anyway, cut some cleats tonight.

Attachments

• cleats-ahoy.jpg
    cleats-ahoy.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 26
Well I think this thread may have served its purpose. Here's the wall. One more lower cleat will be added tomorrow. Blade / ZCI holder is back up, DC is in position, BS has a home, sub-panel is done and one pegboard organizer is up. A little more effort tomorrow and I may be able to use the shop again ;-)

You can really see the difference in the pic with one light on and one light off as far as 'bounce' off the new semi-gloss wall. I'll do a Shop Tour once a few other items get squared away.

Attachments

• cleatwall-less-1-cleat.jpg
    cleatwall-less-1-cleat.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That's a major improvement, Glenn. I'm envious of all your wall space. I suspect you'll fill it up all in good time. ;)

Really looking good Glenn. :thumb:

I know you are excited at getting it all done.
I can't wait to see that cleat system all filled up!!

DT