Freshly Launched Boats

Well its hard to believe but after 3¼ years The Electra, a 15 million dollar 94 foot yacht has been pushed out the door and will not return until Spring. Officialy it has been built and delivered. Over the past year or so you have me mention this boat, and have seen some of the pictures Jay and Linda took while they toured it. Still there was no real good pictures of it in all its glory.

Well my company has finally put some of the pictures up online regarding this boat, and another boat we just launched called the Adjour hui. The way they set their website up, I can not get just the pictures of the boat, but their website is easy to navigate around.

Just two things, the interior pictures have to be accessed by a separate link at the bottom of the Electra Page. It shows some pretty good woodwork in my opinion. The other thing is, I am a machinist so if you are wondering what I worked on, well if it is shiny, I worked on it. Since Jan I have worked on the 300 feet of "interior trim" found in the inside of the boat. You can see some of my work in the silver trim placed around the two tables in the foreground of one of the pictures.

By the way, I am confident this does not violate the FWW advertising rules as even the small 38 foot boat we build costs over a million bucks, and even if some rich guys do check out FWW, there is a 4 year wait before we could get to building it. I don't see too many FWW's calling LM Boatworks for a boat quote :)

http://www.lymanmorse.com/

Last edited:
Congrats on getting it done, Travis. The Electra is a heck of a boat. I'm sure there's a lot of people at Lyman Morse who are glad it's done, but will miss working on it.

Hey Travis

On to the next challenge! I bet they were glad to get that bad boy out of the shed so they can start on yet another beauty!

Thanks again for letting us see it in person

Jay

Travis, what can I say other than fantastic.

With 2 V16 2000 hp engines, does a fuel tender follow it around, or is it just going to hang out in the Persian gulf? :dunno:

Travis, what can I say other than fantastic.

With 2 V16 2000 hp engines, does a fuel tender follow it around, or is it just going to hang out in the Persian gulf? :dunno:

We have a saying...we make millionaires out of bilionaires, and what we charge for a boat is only half of it. Fueling the things the other half :)

As for working on it, it will be back. These boats never really leave...at least like you are thinking. The owner will "float it" for awhile down in the Carri bean, then dream up some changes for it, and in the spring come back and have it worked on again. That is in the "service" side of the business and not the "new boat" side, but as a Machinist I do new boat and service work both so I am sure I will be working on it again.

This boat is special to a lot of people because lately they have hired so many people and this is the first boat they worked on. The first boat you work on is generally regarded as "your favorite" naturally. Our boats always get better, but they also take longer to build so they are adding people at an unprecedented level just because the waiting list for a new boat is so long. Still these boat owners already have yachts so waiting is nothing new to them. We don't build a boat that they will like, we build THEIR boat, so its a big difference.

Not too shabby for a mono-maran, but pretty expensive by the inch (website claims 94" LOA). In another life I helped build a couple of cats, a real learning experience. First day I showed up with my tools I was told, "Levels? we don't use no stinking levels. Put those back in your truck."
Congrats, Travis, you should be proud.