Bloodwood with celtic knot

Did not create the blank, but did turn the pen. It is a celtic knot done in bloodwood on slim line hardware. Couple of problems created this pen being without a center band. The piece with the knot cut in was to short for the tube so made the nib tube longer than the tube so it comes up over the clip end of the brass tube. It is two pieces and does retract the pen nib. Gary from another forum sold me the bloodwood blank, hope to be creating my own soon. Sorry for the poor picture quality, am aspiring to be a turner not a photographer. :rofl:

Attachments

• Cross A.JPG
    Cross A.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Cross B.JPG
    Cross B.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 47
That looks very nice, Jonathan. (What I can see of it.) ;) Every time I see one of these it reminds me that I need to try some myself. My BIL would love having a pen with the Celtic knot, and Christmas is around the corner.

Yeah, yeah, need to buy my own digital camera one of these days. But so many other toys/tools to purchase first. Like the 50 caliber muzzle loader this past Friday!:thumb: I bought two blanks kept one unturned so people could see how it starts. Still surprising to me. Thanks for the kind words even though the photo does not do the pen justice. :dunno: