Building a bed

No not a wood bed to sleep on, a steel flat bed for the one ton. Been procrastinating for a couple months since I brought it home. Of course now that the weather is turning I got no choice. I need a winter ride, the wifes getting the burb and her car goes into storage for the winter.

Any way it 84 X 108. Main runners are 3x3 square tubing and the rest is 1X3 tubing. Got the bottom painted before I quit tonight. Need a piece of 1/8 inch for the front yet then I can get it mounted. Going to Brothers house tomorrow to get aluminum frooring from a semi flat bed

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Looks good so far. :thumb: I admire (and envy) you guys who just build something like a vehicle when you need one, out of what you happen to have available. I'd love to have the tools, the space, and the know-how to take on that sort of project.

Vaughn, It's called necessity is the mother of invention, It would be a lot easier to just go out and buy a bed. You could do it, half of it is being able to see what you need. Just like woodworking. of course you need more tools :D Torches, welder, grinder, cut off saw. Then just like wood working practice. practice. practice.

Space? you see where I'm working, outside.