Snowmen

My snowpeople

Really liked the snowman, actually have it as an assignment for my kids on the lathe now! Here is my rendition of your snowmen. Used a woodburner to make the eyes, buttons, and scarf as well as hat ring. The noses are a piece of walnut, looks like the one ate an ice cream cone and needs its face washed!

Attachments

• Snowpeople II.JPG
    Snowpeople II.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Another addition to the snowman family...........

snowlady1.JPG snowlady2.JPG

Two coats of rattle can lacquer, sanded between coats with #600, then the stick on stars etc, and painting, then two more light coats of rattle can lacquer. I just lightly touched it with the fine scotchbrite pad to remove any dust nubs.

Cheers!

Really cute ideas and the fellow who you clipped them from as well, I even like his Trees, and the box idea. :thumb: Yours have a little bit more detail and would look as good finished natural as his does painted.

Actually I'm posting to keep the subject at the top of the list so I can remember to "borrow" the idea when SWMBO allows me to re-enter the Dust Bowl and again make my daily messes. (company coming) :wave:

:eek: BUYING WOOD?!?! After all that stuff you milled so lovingly, you are reduced to buying wood? :huh::dunno:

Man, you must have made one hell of a lot of stuff you didn't bother to share! :rolleyes::D

I wish Chip, the thing is all the wood I got, or most of it, is Keyaki, which is related to elm, and hard as rock to turn, it is not NICE turning wood. The Hard maple I got turns like butter! :thumb: