"A MORE IMPORTANT DATE!"

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Didn't want to hyjack Stu's thread.

While that is an important date to most of us, I have a MORE important date.

It is November 11, 2007.

That is the date LOML and I sail away to spend out 40th Anniversary cruising South America.

The annivesary Date is the 18TH. We'll be touring Equador (Maybe become "Shellbacks" too).

This will probable be the last Long cruise we'll be able to do, so I hope it's great! LOML is having too many health problems to allow us to do the long ones anymore.

Since we'll be gone, let me be the first to wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. We hope you all have a reason to be thankfull.

Bruce;)

Bruce, congratulations to your wife and you on your 40th anniversary.:thumb:

I know you will have a great time. We have sailed with Holland America four times and enjoyed every trip. But, the best two were Alaska, and transiting the Panama Canal.

Finally, November 11 is Veterans Day in the US, and Remembrance Day in Canada. Don't forget the soldiers past and present. :)

Congrats Bruce, great to celebrate your 40th wedding anyversary that way.
Enjoy the cruise.

You are right Kerry. This year Woodcraft is having a "Turn for the troops" turnathon. If you have a chance drop into Woodcraft and turn a pen for our service folks.

You can bring pens already turned that day and they will be added to the pens going overseas to our troops.

Bruce

Well things went arwy on the trip. On about the 15th, I started getting very severe pains in my back and abdomen. Eariler I had thought I got the flue going around. This was TOO bad. Didn't want to end up in a South American hospital, so popped Vicatin for the pain and antacids. Not the way we wanted to our trip go!

When we got back Mondy evening, it was too late to see a doctor, so tried to get in Tuesday. Finally on Wednesday, I was diagnosed with a "Bleeding Ulcer." THAT SUCKS BIG TIME! Can't do any shop time. Just lay in bed take meds try to get my blood volumn back up and heal it.

I'll be lirking, occasionally.

Bruce

Wow Bruce, sorry to see your cruise took a bad turn, and that you're down for a while. The good news is they have much better treatments for such ailments than they did 25 or 30 years ago (when my dad had ulcer surgery). Rest up and get better soon. :wave: