For you junkyard engineers!

larry merlau

anyone seen or have got plans or ideas on how to make a edge sander? i have been mullin it around and they seem to be a simple design if you dont try to have them oscilate.. Tod yours dont count i dont have them kind of fields around my place:)

anyone seen or have got plans or ideas on how to make a edge sander? i have been mullin it around and they seem to be a simple design if you dont try to have them oscilate.. Tod yours dont count i dont have them kind of fields around my place:)
Like this? http://plansnow.com/dn3079.html

dn3079-closer1.jpg

Sounds like you and I need to make another trip to Papa Bears with measuring device and camera in hand so you can duplicate his.....and a visit to Joe would be good anyways.

Sounds like you and I need to make another trip to Papa Bears with measuring device and camera in hand so you can duplicate his.....and a visit to Joe would be good anyways.

Yeah, sounds like a plan............. especially the pic taking bit......... as long as you share them :D :wave:

ACME?

Larry, I know you said junk yard machine but let me toss this one out. You might watch EBay and other places for an ACME Edge sander. I found one at an auction for less than $50. Found out after I bought it (didn't know what it really was) that they typically bring $250 from the dealers for a used one. Very simple machines. Very popular too. They use Delta Belt sander components and his own design case. So parts are available if needed. Very simple machine and it works. People that have them love them. I haven't used mine but a couple of times but I am impressed. It's going to be pressed into service pretty soon.

The only reason I bring it up is that they don't cost a lot more than building one one would. Unless you have the parts laying around of course.

Linke to Keith's on OWWM. Not sure I have any photos of mine.

well i knew jeff would get into this:) but rennie you hit the nail right one the head:thumb: now is this your invention and tool or just something you had a link too? thanks tod for the reminder that yugot real lucky once maybe twice if you enter in your son into the pic:) jeff i will have to look at what your talkin about i do know that sometimed the cost doesnt reflect what you get.. and steve when this tree work gets dun i will get caought up on some thing that need doin.. looks like jr better get a beef this year real tough sleddin over this way....:dunno:

well i knew jeff would get into this:) but rennie you hit the nail right one the head:thumb: now is this your invention and tool or just something you had a link too? thanks tod for the reminder that yugot real lucky once maybe twice if you enter in your son into the pic:) jeff i will have to look at what your talkin about i do know that sometimed the cost doesnt reflect what you get.. and steve when this tree work gets dun i will get caought up on some thing that need doin.. looks like jr better get a beef this year real tough sleddin over this way....:dunno:
Hi Larry,

The link in my post should take you to the "Shop Notes" website where you can follow another link to purchase the plans.

Glad I could be of service!:D

Meant to say that the one Renie posted looks good. If you don't have to buy a lot of material/have it laying around that might be the way to go. Just wondering how much you have to buy to build that one. Either way. looks like it would be fun project.

layun around well right now i got so much stuff strewed about that a ckicken would have ahard time findin a stable roost. let alone nuff room to scratch:rofl: just lookun in to the possibilties and if ya all here of one avaible at agood deal drop me aline. old iron is always welcome jeff even ole fooggies as well. thanks rennie for the link. wil giver a look.