LATHE GLOAT!!! +chuck!

Ben Werner

my jet 1642 evs 2hp is here! and my supernova chuck! came about a week early :-D :-D . just so ya know it's a lil' 18th bday present from my dear ol' dad :p:p :thumb: but I had to buy the chuck on my own... :D:rolleyes:

the old:
IMG_1738.jpg

the spot:
IMG_1739.jpg

The box:
IMG_1734.jpg

inside the box:
IMG_1737.jpg

Legs? alone oh no!!:
IMG_1740.jpg

the bed+motor:
IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

dad cleaning off the gunky stuff:
IMG_1744.jpg

the lathe alone.
IMG_1747.jpg

Man does it purr! and run smooth! the drive and the live center lined up perfectly first time I put them on together!! woot! THANKS DAD!!

Hey Ben, I moved the thread, like you asked.

Boy that looks like a nice lathe, I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it, you are one lucky kid to have a great dad like you do :clap:

Congrats to dad as well, seems he is doing a fine job:thumb:

Ben's doin' the Happy Dance right about now. He'll get back to turning after his feet touch the ground.

Happydance2.gif

Congrats young man, and congrats to mom and dad for raising a pretty decent whippersnapper who deserves a good lathe. ;)

Happy birthday Ben, and congratulations on the lathe! :thumb: I have spent many hours on that model, so I know you are really going to enjoy it. Have fun turning, and we will all look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Bill

Happy Birthday Ben, have a daughter that turned 18 earlier this month. She just takes over my JET MINI while I work on the Craftsman. Look forward to seeing some of your work from that lathe. :thumb:

Congratulations Ben, what a very good looking lathe, and your dad is really a great man.

Tod,
I don't think I can afford another son with good taste in tools....
Frank,
it came with levelling feet, but they looked pretty scrawny compared with those nice flat cast bases. The lathe is level along its length and just a hair off front to back, so for now, we're leaving them off.
Ben's a good guy, and my wife and I are grateful that we were able to give him the lathe.
Ken