Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on this weekend?

What's going on this weekend?

I've seen and responded to similar threads on other forums....so I thought maybe I'd start something like it here (or has it been done before?)

I will be replacing the bearings on my lathe once again. I went cheap last time and will be upgrading to heavy duty ones tomorrow. Hope to get some lathe time tomorrow night.

Sunday the entire inlaw side of my family will be heading to my MIL's cabin on a forrest preserve about 40 miles south of Des Moines. She has power to the cabin, but no running water and a wood stove for heat. Best thing is no cell phone reception! Very remote but close to home at the same time. Good food, hikes and other fun will be had by all. I also hope to find some more turning wood...lots of sycamore, oak and elm down there!

What will all the rest of you be doing?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Jeff, don't work to hard with replacing the bearings.
    And have a lot of fun next sunday.
    I'm staying home, sometimes the best place in the world, home sweet home.
    Have fun.

We'll be heading up to the Amish country looking for cabbage. We make our own sauerkraut and I got some real nice 5 & 6 lb heads there last year. I just didn't buy enough b/c we ran out of kraut way too soon.

I planning on stopping by the Ohio Pen Show on the way.

Intend to work on cabinets (3) tomorrow
    Then Sunday going to watch the game titled "Game of the Century"

Colts 7-0 vs Patriots 8-0

Can you guess who I will be pulling for????????

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

Road TRIP!

Getting out of town tomorrow with Mark k. heading to Bill Grumbine's Robust warming party!
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    Getting out of town tomorrow with Mark k. heading to Bill Grumbine's Robust warming party!
    I'm wish I was closer...would love to get out there sometime. Have fun!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Finally.........

LOML is out of town at a conference so I can put in as many hours as I want.

Working on installing my Grizz G0441 DC. Building a 2x4 wall segment, toggled to concrete block. A friend is coming over sunday to help hoist the motor/fan unit.

Pictures will follow next week. LOML is out of town with camera.

I am also about ready to finish a table that was started earlier this year.. more pictures about that also.

Work Saturday, as usual, and then on Sunday our local turning club is having a meeting. The subject of the meeting is how to replace the bearings on your lathe (no kidding, here is a link <- in Japanese, but it has pics!).

I'm going to sell some of my clamps I import and a guy from the countryside (Gifu) is coming, and he, apparently, has GREAT turning stock that he brings to sell, at real good prices!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Work Saturday, as usual, and then on Sunday our local turning club is having a meeting. The subject of the meeting is how to replace the bearings on your lathe (no kidding, here is a link <- in Japanese, but it has pics!).

I'm going to sell some of my clamps I import and a guy from the countryside (Gifu) is coming, and he, apparently, has GREAT turning stock that he brings to sell, at real good prices!

Cheers!
    Stu, I'll post some pics hopefully before your meeting to add to the discussion. Hope you get some nice/cheap turning stock, maybe some more maple.
    My Website

I'm building a ceiling mount for the TS overhead dust collection system. I will try my hand at welding this weekend. I have my Dad's old stick welder. Hope I don't blow out the thin pipe I need to weld a bolt to. The height adjusting mechanism is being patterned after the locking device on the Ridgid flip top. It's just that the steel pipe HD and Lowes has is only half as thick walled as the flip top uses. I'll post pictures if it works. If not, I may go get another flip top and take it apart to use it's parts. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3