Ornament, a bit longer......

Stuart Ablett

.......time wise and length...... :rolleyes:

long1.JPG
Hard Maple with a Walnut Finial.

A bit different shape on this one, still needs some work, OK a lot of work, not quite where I want it, but...... Christmas is coming!! :eek:

I did a few things different on this one, I got some paint and painted on the lines (Boy you can tell when your shape is NOT round, the paint lines DO NOT want to go on evenly :doh:) and I also stuck some sticker things on this one, not very visible in the first pics, so I took some close ups........

long2.JPG long3.JPG

I also put a few coats of rattle can lacquer on this one, to make it more durable.

Comments, suggestions and critiques welcome! :wave:

Not bad, not bad at all. Is it a two piece ornament. I am sure it must be as it would be nearly impossible to hollow it otherwise. How small is it? It looks pretty small.

I like the addition of stars. I am not too sure about the stripes but to each his own. Your finish would be very reflective on a Christmas tree. You have come a long way on your finials. It looks nice and slender. Good work, I would like to do as well.

Nice job, Stu. :thumb: At the rate I'm going, it'll be sometime in February before I finally try turning some ornaments. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, it was almost 5 AM when I put that up, so I did not get all the info needed up there :doh:

Nearly 8" long, so the finial is not as thin as I'd like, but getting there!

The ornament is the typical two piece job, cut in half, hollow out each side, glue back together.

I'm not sure with the stars and paint either, maybe one or the other, but I'm still trying to figure this stuff out.

BTW, I'm finding I really do NOT like Walnut for the Finial, too porous when it gets thin.

Cheers!