Snowmen Ornaments

Here are a couple of pictures of snowmen ornaments that I made this weekend. The first two the LOML wanted me to make after she saw the hanging ones for table decoration at the dining room of the retirement center she works at. She wanted them to sit on the table so I made a concave bottom so they would set solid. If the director likes them she said she would order probably 12 or more. They really turned out pretty cool and she likes them as she said, "their cute." Sorry for the photo's at my wife's craft bench but was trying to get a couple done so I could donate them this afternoon to our church raffle.

Attachments

• Snowmen 3.jpg
    Snowmen 3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Snowmen 4.jpg
    Snowmen 4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi Bernie, yeah that's very very nice, no wonder your wife love them.
I bet you had a lot of fun with making them. Now waiting for the first snow?? :wave:

Those are neat but doesn't the bottom ball have to be bigger than the middle one :D

Come one Bernie, basic snowman building 101, even my daughters noticed that! :rolleyes: :wave:

Thanks for the comments. You are probably right Stu but these were suppose to be practice until the LOML got her hands on them. Oh well she liked them and that counts with me. These were all done with a skew and parting tool. The ones that stand in the first picture I just got a order for 14 more this morning for the dining tables at the retirement center.

Oop's :eek:

:eek: I forgot to mention!!!

That really is mighty fine lathe work Stu! :thumb:

I am not sure exactly how you spinny folks manage to
fashion such thin walls on your creations. :huh:

I have never attempted much on a lathe.
You can bet your boots that when I finally get this long, long, long shop setup completed, I will give it a whirl though. :thumb:

DT

................I have never attempted much on a lathe.
You can bet your boots that when I finally get this long, long, long shop setup completed, I will give it a whirl though. :thumb:

DT

Hey Ken............. I think we got another one........... :D

Thanks Don, the box was a LOT of work, but turned out neat (I know, bad pun).

Cheers!

Bernie, I hope you don't mind the continued hi-jack of your thread...... :rolleyes:

happy_hat1.JPG happy_hat2.JPG
I did this guy today, nice little snowman, added a bit of color to his hat :D

wonky.JPG
and this one I did a bit wonky, on the new Escoulen chuck, all I can say is I hurt my head trying to figure it out, and BOY did it ever take a LONG time, but I'm starting (ha!) to understand how this stuff works........... :bonkers: I'm sure it will be fun at sometime, but right now, it is a real challenge.

Cheers!