Mudroom Project

I apologize if you've seen this before but I figure my first real post may as well be my latest project.

This is what I've been working on, well, since last Thanksgiving. It's not fine woodworking but it's functional and I learned a lot in the process. It's our mudroom. Because the room is so small, I couldn't really get a great picture of it. I did everything you see here: Tile floor, bench (IKEA countertop), cubbies, beadboard, baseboards & painting. This first picture is the view as you walk in from the garage:

mr1.jpg

This is from the hallway on the other side:

mr2.jpg

You can't really see it but there are five cubbies and five hooks. We wanted a deep bench so the kids have a place to put their backpacks, etc. I'm probably going to add crown molding in the near future. That should finish it off.

That looks great! :thumb:

..........you have FIVE kids :eek: :D

My Mom called our back door area a "Mud Room" as well, and as a kid, I tried to make sure she was not wrong ;) :rofl:

Nice job!

Rob, it looks great. I know my wife would love one of those for our five kids. They can accumulate a lot of stuff and it must be nice to have a place to somewhat contain it.

Rob,

Great job!! No kids in the house here but would love to have one just for Marty & I. Trust me... we need a mud room...we bring in more dirt than kids ever could!

Denise

Looks Great

IMHO any time that you create a built-in it qualifies as fine wood working! That is on display in your home as much as any other piece of furniture. Any way how did you apply the finish, spray, roller or brush? I just did a closet organizer for my son's room that I painted with a roller and brush. While from a distance it looks fine, but upon close inspection I am not happy with the finish.

Dan

I don't have any spray equipment yet or I probably would have done that. I brushed it on. Its not perfect but it looks fine. I'm happy with it.

Oh, and you're looking for a close-up, you're not gonna get it. :D