Cheaters Cabinet

Ron Roase

I call this one a cheaters cabinet,because although I made most all from scratch,I picked up a couple of doors from a salvage yard and used them for the ends of the cabinet. This cabinet sits in my family rooman it holds the treats for my three dogs. It is still done with tounge and groove. The groove is mostly in the face frame and the tounge on the sides and also the floor of the cabinet.

Attachments

• End of cabinet.JPG
    End of cabinet.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Front of cabinet.JPG
    Front of cabinet.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 97
Hi Ron :wave:,
Welcome to Family woodworking.
This cabinet is a marvelous example of using recycled materials so well that very few folks would ever realize it. Real nice job on the cabinet.Did you do the stain and finish too?
Shaz :)

Hi Ron! :wave:

Welcome to the family

I love making things out of what ever I can find.

Great job!

DT

Ron, MOST of us kinda pick through the stack and pick individual boards with the best features and condition, and I think YOU have that process MASTERED.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very nice, and NO one will ever know that you didn't make every piece yourself (unless you tell them), because it all fits together and matches so well.:thumb:

The cabinet looks really nice, but for holding dog treats - are the 3" plate steel / 4" rebar concrete reinforcements hidden on the inside? Do you have it vented to the outside? :rofl:

All joking aside, this reminds me of the first Christmas we had our dogs. We had gotten them some new Nylabones, carefully wrapped, under the tree. By the time the day came around, there was a bite-sized piece of the plastic packaging inexplicably missing ... :huh:

Hi Ron :wave:,
Welcome to Family woodworking.
This cabinet is a marvelous example of using recycled materials so well that very few folks would ever realize it. Real nice job on the cabinet.Did you do the stain and finish too?
Shaz :)

Thanks Shaz:
The only part that was recycled was the ends of the cabinet. The face-frame, top and doors are my own work.