Walnut w/ Sapwood

Mark Cothren

8" tall, 7" wide... antique oil finish... Joe Meazle and Rick DeRoque hooked me up with this wood - thanks guys!

Feel free to share comments/critiques/suggestions/opinions...

BlackWalnutHF02.jpg

BlackWalnutHF03.jpg

BlackWalnutHF05.jpg

BlackWalnutHF06.jpg

That figure pattern is beautiful. The ring patterns of the sapwood and the knot being orthogonal to each other add quite a bit of visual interest.

Once again, it took me a minute to figure out that you hadn't posted pics of two pieces.

Very inspirational!

Aw I bet it has an ugly foot........ right? :rolleyes:

Man, that is just beautiful, the wood is very interesting and the form just shows the wood off so well. I really like the lip on the top opening, just the hint of a lip really, very nice, provides a transition to the opening, subtle is good :D

Thanks for sharing that one, VERY nice! :clap:

Absolutely perfect form Mark! Love the wood! Beautiful grain pattern - great looking finish! Already saved to my favorites! You're giving Travis some serious competition with your hollow forms! Very - very nice work!

Very Nice Mark

But that is nothing new for you ! Awesome piece of wood. And really, "Very Nice" isn't even close, this is truly spectacular.

He shoots, he scores!!! Actually I think that was a slam dunk for a nice piece. Your getting too good at this stuff.