Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a season change picture

a season change picture

This morning, while finishing the transport of some caffeine from the kitchen to the back yard, I noticed this photo op. OK, call me weird, I knew it before you did. I keep a couple skulls posted around my property. This one is from one of our less fortunate cows from when we raised cattle. The bright tree and positioning of the skull looked like a picture opportunity. Dunno what message it sends, but, 'what the hey'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull and tree small file.jpg  
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

We don't have many leaves left up north of you in IA. (Except for the ones in my yard) Looks like you have a beautiful fall down there?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Frank,

That's not wierd, it's just wierd-normal... When I lived in Houston I had a couple of those long horn skulls, one posted at the garden's entrance to remind me, every time I walked through it, that the frost was coming (a hard thing to remember in Houston). I had one nailed to a tree as well, just because, well, what the heck, it's Texas...

Anyway, nice photo...

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Dunno what message it sends, but, 'what the hey'.
    I like it Frank. I think it demonstrates really good composition. I think the skull and the tree, falling asleep for the winter, complement each other and the juxtaposition of the bleached white skull and the brilliant color of the tree is great.
    Well done!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

All I thought was, skull white sure don't make good camo!!
    Have a few cows, a couple of skulls, yep, I'm weird also!

We are in our color peak here in the valley while the surrounding highlands have been there and are on the down side.

Dunno what message it sends, .....
    The Dead and the Dying.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I like it Frank. I think it demonstrates really good composition. I think the skull and the tree, falling asleep for the winter, complement each other and the juxtaposition of the bleached white skull and the brilliant color of the tree is great.
    Well done!
    Thanks. About 7 a.m., the rising sun caught the tree just right and really lit it up. I needed something in the foreground to make it more than just a 'tree' picture. The skull was perfect.
    BTW, is it OK to say "juxtaposition" on a family forum?
    Sounds like you might be an artist/photog type.
    I have spent most of my life with a camera in my hands. My work, and skills, are more journalistic than artistic. I am able to capture pictures for the record or tell a story but the 'art' part has always stayed just a bit out of reach for me.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

...I have spent most of my life with a camera in my hands. My work, and skills, are more journalistic than artistic. I am able to capture pictures for the record or tell a story but the 'art' part has always stayed just a bit out of reach for me.
    You might not have been trying, but I think you reached the "art" part on this shot. Sane as Rennie, I like the way the picture is composed, and it all works on several levels.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks. BTW, is it OK to say "juxtaposition" on a family forum? .
    Gee, I hope so!
    Sounds like you might be an artist/photog type..
    Way back in the stone age when we processed our own Ektachrome and Tri-X I took a few courses and even did weddings for a while (worst job in the world). I'm way out of practice.
    I have spent most of my life with a camera in my hands. My work, and skills, are more journalistic than artistic. I am able to capture pictures for the record or tell a story but the 'art' part has always stayed just a bit out of reach for me.
    Ditto. I love taking pictures and sometimes hit one just right, but it's not repeatable with enough consistency to call myself talented, or even good. I keep myself happy, that's enough.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com