Clearance Sale at the Furniture Warehouse

Dave Richards

In the foreground, a coffee table based upon Jared Rusten's Cupertino Coffee Table, a Greene and Greene, Thorsen House side table. Five of Kevin Rodel's Arts & Crafts Side Chairs, a small glass front cabinet designed by Steve Richards, A Stickley sideboard, A Moser-style dining table, Lonnie Bird's Pipe Box and Bart's China Cabinet designed by me.

Render by Indigo V1.0.2 and the new Skindigo exporter.

im1194562080png.jpg

Thanks Vaughn. The cool thing is that this stuff works without me being there. I can go off and do other things like take a nap while the computer just plugs away.:D

Bruce, this image was pulled out midway through the rendering process. It is done with BiMLT which takes some time. Some areas will remain grainy looking--the glass texture on the lower cabinet in the middle for example. That's just the nature of that texture. It is still cooking and is less grainy now. I'll let it cook over night just because it won't hurt.

Thank you Les.

Here is the same image after I let it go all night. I'm not thrilled with t he woodgrain texture on the backs of the chairs and the Moser-style table looks like plastic but it's coming. I like the way the coffee table looks though.

FurnitureWarehousepng.jpg

Can I see the bottom of that coffee table? I don't see how the end is supported. If it is completely floating, then I'd expect it to wobble and eventually sag?

Art, here is a photo of the table as Jared Rusten built it. I borrowed it from his Flickr album and hope he doesn't mind. The end is indeed cantilevered. Whether it would sag or not I can't say. I could see adding some stiffening ribs underneath the top that wouldn't show but I don't know if Jared did that or not. He has done a number of other pieces that don't look like they should work but they do. His Palo Alto chairs come to mind. He sent me a photograph of him sitting on the back rest of one with his feet dangling.

CupertinoCoffeeJR.jpg

Jeff, sorry. Not trying to show off. I really want to encourage the rest of you.

Robert, thank you. The challenge is figuring out how to plave things so there aren't any inadvertant intersections. (The tree growing out of grannie's head sort of thing.) I missed a couple in this one.