Tractor Gloat

Chris Barton

I took delivery of the Kubota BX24 TLB with 60" belly blade this past Tuesday. So far, it's been better than I expected. Thanks to all those that contributed "tractor wisdom" during my selection process. And, here are some pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 58
Chris.......that's a real "big boy's toy"! Congrats! Everybody I know who's had a Kubota has been more than happy with it. May it serve you well!

Beautiful scenery in those photos BTW!

Wow Chris, that is quite a machine. The only thing missing is a BBQ grill and an umbrella. :thumb::rofl: I am sure you will a lot of fun with the new (toy) machine.

You'll never regret buying a Kubota. I got one, bought it in 1999 and have never had a single problem with it. Its up to 1100 hours now, but runs just great and does all my old tractor would do and more. Nice machine congratulations.

Chris,

congrats on the new tractor. I have a New Holland tc33 Boomer and can't tell you how convenient those tractors are, irregardless of the brand.

That loader will come in really handy.

joe

P.S. is it hydrostat?

:D

Arrrrgghh. I'm So jealous I can't stand it....

(I really need to get a tractor)

That is one nice piece of machinery!

"Need" is such a relative term.

I've got about 1000 yards of driveway. So I 'Need' something to fix it (it's starting to get really rough).

I think I 'Need' the tractor. SWMBO thinks I just need to call someone on the phone. I know I'd find other uses for it once I got it, but that's just not a selling point.

I think I need to start cruising the used tractor yards and keep my eye out for a good late model tractor, although from what I can see, these things really hold their value pretty well...

from what I can see, these things really hold their value pretty well...

Indeed! I sold mine 4 years ago for more than I paid for it! It was 25 years old.

So. Now it is an INVESTMENT! Or think of it as a FREE tractor. You get your money back when you sell it.

(It had a front end loader and a backhoe attachment. I think that helped.)

Of course, as they say, YMMV.

Thanks everyone! Robert, I hope it doesn't grow up, it's jsut the right size for my needs right now. My property is densely wooded and I wanted a tractor that could navigate the woods without needing to take down trees and anything bigger than this would have been hard from that standpoint, also the next step up in the TLB series is the BX26 which came in at an extra 10k higher than the BX24. Joe, yes it's a hydrostat. It has two transmission speed ranges and full hydro.

I can identify with the "need" issue. I struggled for a year contimplating this purchase. I could probably do most of the things on my mountain top property by hand or other methods but, it all really comes down to time. An example; I needed a 20' x 40' spot cleared and reasonably level for a building and I could have done it using rakes, shovels, axes and the like and it probably would have taken aboout 12 hours of solid work to do using these but, I did it in 90 minutes with the TLB. I can make more money but, I can't make more time...

Thanks Again Everyone

I can identify with the "need" issue. I struggled for a year contimplating this purchase. I could probably do most of the things on my mountain top property by hand or other methods but, it all really comes down to time. An example; I needed a 20' x 40' spot cleared and reasonably level for a building and I could have done it using rakes, shovels, axes and the like and it probably would have taken aboout 12 hours of solid work to do using these but, I did it in 90 minutes with the TLB. I can make more money but, I can't make more time...

Thanks Again Everyone

but you missed out on all that cardio-vasicular, aerobic and possibly some anaerobic exercise by using the tractor. ;)

"Need" is such a relative term.

I've got about 1000 yards of driveway. So I 'Need' something to fix it (it's starting to get really rough).

I think I 'Need' the tractor. SWMBO thinks I just need to call someone on the phone. I know I'd find other uses for it once I got it, but that's just not a selling point.

I think I need to start cruising the used tractor yards and keep my eye out for a good late model tractor, although from what I can see, these things really hold their value pretty well...

Have I got a deal for you. Big red diesel. Good price. Bring the trailer, we will even put you and yours up for the night. :)

but you missed out on all that cardio-vasicular, aerobic and possibly some anaerobic exercise by using the tractor. ;)

What like missing out on pushing this foolish broken down lawn tractor back to the house after it conked out at my Grandmother's place?

Nahhhhh

Work smarter, not harder!! :D

White_Rescue.JPG