weekend bench photos

jim capozzi

hi all

ok lets see what your doing this weekend .....

i did a little maintenence on my tablesaw and tuned it up some. i still have to get the blade straighter with the miter slot , but its alot closer than it was before (within 10 thousanths )

then my buddy came over and picked up his wifes frame that i did for them .

and just for good measure i did these two frames for a friend of ours who just graduated nursing school and got her RN license.

still lots more to do , but i am gaining on it :rolleyes:

Attachments

• diploma  frame 1.jpg
    diploma frame 1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 31
  • frame completed.jpg
    frame completed.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 29
  • license frame.jpg
    license frame.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 28
This picture includes a very messy bench under constructiuon in a very messy shop.

Messy Bench, etc -small.JPG

Tommorow I will be starting my annual shop clean-up week, This is what happens each year in November when I move from mainly outdoor project mode to mainly indoor project mode.

Last edited:
I don't have a dedicated bench, and I don't have a shop either, but I make do. I used to work in the basement, but since my son went back to university and has decided to move home to save on living expenses, I was evicted, so I in turn evicted my vehicles from the garage and here is my cramped shop quarters. It's usually cleaner, but more cramped than this. When I work in here I move my lawn equipment outside. This is right after sweeping up the shavings from roughing out a bowl.

cheers eh?

Just sealing the cleats that will go up on the new wall. My poor outfeed table gets used for everything.

Attachments

• sealing-the-cleats.jpg
    sealing-the-cleats.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 40
Well I can't much get to the bench, it is just too loaded up with things to put away.
So-o-o-o, I am working on a place to put things away.

I am slapping just enough ugly off these cabinets to hang. I will probably paint them one day.

100_2117.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2121.jpg

100_2126.jpg

That's it on the bottom right (on the little table) before I started the repairs. That's where I will hang it.

100_2067.jpg

And then I will plug that space where the DC pipe comes down. Maybe use it to hang a few tools? :huh:

Man! am I going to be glad to have cabinets at last! :thumb:

DT

John, it looks a lot better than many of the places that I have had my shop. Are you able to work there during the winter?

Hi Frank,

It's a pretty nice place to work most of the time and yes, it's loads better then some places I've worked.The garage doors are 9'w x 8'h and face southwest, so on sunny spring and fall afternoons I can open a door and get both natural light and heat. I think that's when I enjoy it the most. I can heat it, but at 800sqft it gets a bit expensive to keep warm 24/7, so in the winter I wait until I have enough work to make it worth heating for a full day and then I fire up the furnace. I'm in the process of cleaning out the attic so that I can blow in a foot or so of insulation and then I'll put in a couple of 240vac electric space heaters and take out the furnace. That'll give me a lot more floor space. If the extra insulation does the job that I'm hoping it will, I'll try leaving a bit of heat on all the time so that it won't be so long to warm up when I want to work.

cheers eh?

Well my new wall proved to be more wavey than expected. The benefit of using OSB, I just pulled the screws and took the panels down. Shimmed to an acceptable level of flatness now. OSB is back up. Back to the cleat-sealing.