After my 1st attempt turned out pretty good, I set out to make another. It was fun, and it only took 2 days to complete.
This one is Cherry, Purpleheart, Maple, and Walnut. The Cherry and Purpleheart are along two of the sides. It is a bit smaller than the 1st one. My one comment on the purpleheart, is that it is not as purple as I was hoping for. I think that it is just how the mineral oil soaks in to the end grain.
I also included a picture of both the 1st and 2nd one, just for comparison. The cherry and purpleheart checkers on the 1st one makes it much darker than the 2nd one.
The last picture is how I set up the router table to cut the handles. I was asked a few times as to how they were made. This is the same thing that I did on the 1st one. I didn't think to take pictures when I did that, so I took one, when making the 2nd board.