Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Bay what a farce

E-Bay what a farce

I tried to sign up with E-Bay what a run around I finally got them to send me the code by E-mail to confirm my E-mail so I hit the button & went to their site & it won't recognize me.

Well I've tried to stay away from E-Bay in the past so this doesn't make it to hard to stay away I guess the past caught up with me.

Sorry I got interested in E-Bay I just wanted to look around. I would never purchase anything there on line anyway.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Since when did you have to register to look around? If you want to save items to watch bids on, yes, but not to look around, search, etc. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I'm with Jim. You don't have to register to look at the items for sale. Since you apparently had to intention of buying anything there, why bother signing up? (And why complain when it didn't work...even though it seems to work for millions of people worldwide?)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

even i`ve been able to figgure out how to drive e-bay?
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Iit won't recognize me.
    Did you have the camera cam turned on

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

How to reach critical mass in a single post.
    Say: eBay, Pay Pal, WD-40 and Duct tape in the same post.

Uh-Oh!
    Last edited by Frank Fusco; 11-16-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: can't stand jokers. :-)
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    How to reach critical mass in a single post.
    Say: eBay, Pay Pal, WE-40 and Duct tape in the same post.

Uh-Oh!
    That's WD-40
    eBay works just fine for me.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Maybe it's because you're typing "E-Bay" instead of "eBay".

Oh wait. That works too.

All the while you are fuming and complainin' your 'puter is talking to the web site and exchanging info... It is pretty simple, Your computer is trying to say one thing but you keep saying another thing so E-bay says a third thing....

It will be a PITA with all your other site visits and forum sign-ins (you need to find out what your passwords are and the sign-ins etc. of favorite places because you will have to re enter them after you do this simple cleansing...

Goto "Tools" up on your tool bar, Select "Internet Options" and then select "Delete Browsing History" when that pops up scroll down and select each of the items that you think will have the info. Best is to select all and cleanse your 'puter's mind.

Yes, I know it is a PITA to re do the goodies all over but if you want to re-enroll, then you have to suffer.

PS After doing the deletes. Shut Down (not just reboot)

If all else fails, open the box, unclip the fan that cools the CPU, push the little lever and pop up the CPU place it on the floor and stomp the "Dog Dirt" out of it. Won't help but you'll feel better.
    Last edited by Nancy Laird; 11-20-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: to remove groups of symbols which would be, or considered by most to be, profane/cursing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    If all else fails, open the box, unclip the fan that cools the CPU, push the little lever and pop up the CPU place it on the floor and stomp the "Dog Dirt" out of it. Won't help but you'll feel better.

Its really easier than all that. I just forgot all about EBay I was happy before I tried it & I am happy without it.

I just flat don't need it. I don't purchase on line anyway.

See its easy to solve Internet problems it you don't need it don't click on it.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart