E-Bay what a farce

Bart Leetch

I tried to sign up with E-Bay what a run around I finally got them to send me the code by E-mail to confirm my E-mail so I hit the button & went to their site & it won't recognize me.

Well I've tried to stay away from E-Bay in the past so this doesn't make it to hard to stay away I guess the past caught up with me.

Sorry I got interested in E-Bay I just wanted to look around. I would never purchase anything there on line anyway.

I'm with Jim. You don't have to register to look at the items for sale. :huh: Since you apparently had to intention of buying anything there, why bother signing up? (And why complain when it didn't work...even though it seems to work for millions of people worldwide?) ;)

All the while you are fuming and complainin' your 'puter is talking to the web site and exchanging info... It is pretty simple, Your computer is trying to say one thing but you keep saying another thing so E-bay says a third thing....

It will be a PITA with all your other site visits and forum sign-ins (you need to find out what your passwords are and the sign-ins etc. of favorite places because you will have to re enter them after you do this simple cleansing...

Goto "Tools" up on your tool bar, Select "Internet Options" and then select "Delete Browsing History" when that pops up scroll down and select each of the items that you think will have the info. Best is to select all and cleanse your 'puter's mind.

Yes, I know it is a PITA to re do the goodies all over but if you want to re-enroll, then you have to suffer.

PS After doing the deletes. Shut Down (not just reboot)

If all else fails, open the box, unclip the fan that cools the CPU, push the little lever and pop up the CPU place it on the floor and stomp the "Dog Dirt" out of it. Won't help but you'll feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If all else fails, open the box, unclip the fan that cools the CPU, push the little lever and pop up the CPU place it on the floor and stomp the "Dog Dirt" out of it. Won't help but you'll feel better.

Its really easier than all that. I just forgot all about EBay I was happy before I tried it & I am happy without it.

I just flat don't need it.:D:wave::rofl: I don't purchase on line anyway.

See its easy to solve Internet problems it you don't need it don't click on it.:eek::wave:

Bart, of course, each to his own. My experience has been that buying on-line is quick, easy, money saving, time saving and, important these days, very gas saving. eBay is not the monster some make it out to be. Just being as cautious with purchases there as you are in a store is all that is required. On line buying brings many millions of choices right to your desk top. I buy a certain type of gift for my daughter every year for Christmas and get it from an eBay vendor. I wouldn't know where to get it otherwise. My latest tool purchase (DeWalt cordless drill) came from Amazon.com at about $60.00 less than the big box discounter, and it was brought to my porch, free. It's part of the times we are living in.

Bart, of course, each to his own. My experience has been that buying on-line is quick, easy, money saving, time saving and, important these days, very gas saving. eBay is not the monster some make it out to be. Just being as cautious with purchases there as you are in a store is all that is required. On line buying brings many millions of choices right to your desk top. I buy a certain type of gift for my daughter every year for Christmas and get it from an eBay vendor. I wouldn't know where to get it otherwise. My latest tool purchase (DeWalt cordless drill) came from Amazon.com at about $60.00 less than the big box discounter, and it was brought to my porch, free. It's part of the times we are living in.
Well said Frank. A lot people make out the WWW technology as this big giant monster when in most cases it is fairly benign if you take simple precautions. Sure there are scam artists out there to take advantage of the unwitting, but your credit union account isn’t 100% fool proof either. I have made hundreds of on-line purchases from tools to foot insoles and every transaction has worked perfectly. I have bought & sold on eBay using PayPal without loosing a penny. I think it is cool technology

I once read part of a study that claimed on-line transactions were something like 100 millions times safer than sending a check through paper mail. I dunno. Granted anything can happen to anyone, anytime. In my case, my Pay Pal balance isn't big enough to attract a serious hacker/crook. He wouldn't earn minimum wage if he got it.