Car Batteries

If your battery is already dead and you have no transportation, I'd bet no. If you had the device that allowed you to do this, I figure you'd know already. They're not the cheapest little boxes, to be sure.

The trouble is that you have to kick the 120v AC down to 12v DC and pull a BUNCH of amps (at 12v, so it could be 1/10th the amps on your 120v AC - in a perfect world with no losses).

HI Allen.

The only way to start a car with a dead battery is to get a jump start from another automobile, or use a battery charger that has an option to start a car.

No way, no time, no where, do you want to hook up a 120V system directly to your automobile. It will fry every electrical component in your car, any may be even YOU.

The cheapest solution, IMO, is to take the dead battery to an auto parts store and they can test it, and most likely sell you a new one. My experience with 12V batteries is that they work or they don't. This summer I drove to the Post Office. I came out of the PO and tried to start the car, and it wouldn't even click the starter solenoid.