"New Posts" weirdnesses

Kerry Burton

Discovering the "New Posts" link a few weeks ago made all the difference in my online experience at FW. No more scanning through the forum list and examining the "most recent date & time" on each one!

BUT ... just in the past 2 or 3 days I've been seeing some odd behavior. I usually:
1) Go directly to the "New Posts" page
2) Start at the bottom
3) Click on the "down arrow" next to each thread in the list
4) Click the browser's "Back" button after catching up on a given thread​
Step 4 brings me back to the "New Posts" list, and (as expected) all of the threads are still in a bolded font as though I had never visited them. When I start losing my place, I either press F5 (to reload the page in IE) or click the "New Posts" link again.

In the past, this has always removed the "bold" attribute from the threads I have visited, unless someone has added a new post in the meantime. But lately, more and more of the threads in the "New Posts" list stay bold no matter what I do. (Revisit the thread, press F5, click "New Posts", etc.)

Does this sound like an FW software problem, or a browser problem? (Does it happen at all to users of FireFox or other browsers?)

I've seen the "New Post" thread titles stay bold sometimes myself, but I'm not sure what the cause might be. Right now, it's refreshing correctly for me, but at times, it seems to get stuck or something. I just write it off to the mysteriousness of computers. :p

I think I figured it out ... er ... found a way to make it work, anyway. It seems to help if you shut down the browser once in a while. :doh: I think my session had been running for a week or more.

IE bashers need not respond ... I'm doing well enough on my own. :)

I think I figured it out ... er ... found a way to make it work, anyway. It seems to help if you shut down the browser once in a while. :doh: I think my session had been running for a week or more.

IE bashers need not respond ... I'm doing well enough on my own. :)

I tolerate IE on my laptop (work supplied), but prefer firefox. I won't Bash IE... but do have a suggestion...

reboot, and then Step away from the computer... that's it, just step away... (quoting Alton Brown for any foodies in the audience).