help for steve

tod evans

instead of having two different points of collection for folks to offer financial help for steve as he`s rebuilding his shop since dennis started gathering monies from the smc members i`m taking the liberty of posting his contact information here.....
Make any check out to:
Dennis Peacock (I got to thinking this over and we wish all contributors to remain anonymous. Sorry. )
or PayPal: woodspinner_at_sbcglobal_dot_net (just in case someone is scanning posts for email addresses)
Snail Mail the check to:
Dennis Peacock
27 Scott Lane
Conway, AR 72032

just in case any of you don`t know dennis.....he`s 100% on the up-n-up!
please contribute as you`re able.......thanks! tod

Tod

Thanks for doing that, it makes sense to use one point of contact. I don't know Dennis "personally" but I agree with you on his character from the nature of his posts

Let's all help Steve out!

Jay

Yep, I can't think of a better cause than to help out a great guy who is in need.

Thanks for starting this Tod and also to Dennis for being the contact guy.:thumb:

Last edited:
You can count me in for sure but I have one question. How much is a reasonable amount? I know that it depends on each persons financial situation as $1000 to some would just be pocket change whereas some guy may be down to his last ten bucks so I am asking for an average where I think that the most of us are. I am not asking this because I do not want to do my part but because it would be great if, as a total group, the total amount would be enough to really do some good.

Any thoughts?

You can count me in for sure but I have one question. How much is a reasonable amount? I know that it depends on each persons financial situation as $1000 to some would just be pocket change whereas some guy may be down to his last ten bucks so I am asking for an average where I think that the most of us are. I am not asking this because I do not want to do my part but because it would be great if, as a total group, the total amount would be enough to really do some good.

Any thoughts?

Allen

I think that the amount you should give would be the amount that "feels right" to you without any consideration of what others are giving. This is such a personal matter asyou mentioned in your email, to me, the bottom line is that each of us should feel good that we are helping Steve in what ever way we can. The donations are an important way, but the encouraging posts help as well.

Jay

allen, that`s a loaded question:D .........i could afford to send 25 bucks right now.....if i`m in better shape next week i`ll send a few more....but i`m absolutely certain that if steve even accepts our donations a dollar will mean just as much as a thousand `cause in the end it shows that folks care...tod

Food for thought

I don't know how many of know this. But Steve's shop is his business and lively hood. Woodworking is not just a hobby as it is for most of us. He's always been the one who helped me when I had cabinet making questions. I'm in for a donation. Couldn't think of person I'd want to help More.

Yup...........Steve's a great guy and makes his living out of that shop. My donation is on it's way to Dennis via Paypal.

Paypal is on its way.

Thanks for handling this Dennis. And thanks to Tod for his efforts also.

It is kind of a weird feeling. It is like I knew Steve from another life and time and I find him reborn over here. I hope that things are going better for him today.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone......each of you are blessed and Steve is getting blessed by each of you.

So far......

$1,469.00 has been collected.

I know there's more on the way.

Hey Steve, I have a person that is offering you a CTS if you need a TS to get you up and running. Just let me know.

Woodworkers are some of the best folks I've ever known. :headbang: