Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wave Velcro Sanding Disks

New Wave Velcro Sanding Disks

Where do you buy -- who has the best deals on New Wave Velcro Sanding Disks? I've been surfing around, seems like the best deal is KLINGSPOR's 50 packs for $11.95 (2"ers).

• Has anybody used KLINGSPOR's? How do you like them? I've gotten great papers from them, but also got 'not so great' papers from them.
    • Any better deals?

I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks, Tony

Tony, BCE '75

I'm hooked on the wave disks, and that's the lowest price I've seen on them. So far I've only used the gold wave disks from Packard's (which I think is the Klingspore paper), but I see Packard's has both green and gold versions.

Have you tried using the wave backing pad, too? I've got both the firm and soft versions. I use the firm one a lot, but the soft one's not been real effective for me.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Have you tried using the wave backing pad, too? I've got both the firm and soft versions. I use the firm one a lot, but the soft one's not been real effective for me.
    I'm power sanding with the wave and, as you said, am hooked on the wave disks (was the pun intended?). I use the firm one for final shaping / initial cleanup with the lower grits (100 - 120), then use the soft one for the higher grits. The soft one will conform to curves and sand evenly.

Thanks, Tony

Tony, BCE '75

$11.95 for a pack of 50, wow, that is cheap!

Got a link Tony........?

Will they ship to Japan
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hey Stuart,

Link to Home Page for Klingspor's: https://www.woodworkingshop.com/weba...atalogId=10051
    Link to 2" New Wave Discs : https://www.woodworkingshop.com/weba...-1_13568_13546
    They also have 'em in 3 inch.

Click shipping and handling on the bottom of the home page, sounds like they will ship international.

Tony, BCE '75

Thanks Tony, I'm trying to order, but their shopping cart does not seem to want to work......
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Well, it finally worked, took like 5 minutes for the order to go through!

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward

You are correct Stuart -- very slow. Placed my order today. I've bought from them in the past via telephone, this is my first web order from them.

Tony

Tony, BCE '75

I use 2.5" or 3" discs on 2" pads (or 3.5" for 3" pads) cut from Klingspor gold (cloth) sandpaper. This setup works really well and the paper lasts for quite a while. The disc edges don't leave the sharp dig-in patterns like a 2" disc on a 2" pad will. It kind of combines a sanding mop function with a sanding disc. I made my own punch kit from a ground down HF hole saw kit ($3) and a dead blow hammer.

I really like the wave discs but I've been buying the 10 packs from Packard or CUSA as my budget won't support buying all the grits from 60 to 600 in the large economy size. Might make a good Christmas suggestion for my kids though. They could each buy one grit and get me part way there.

I use them with the foam pads and am very pleased with the outcome.