What's your plans for thanksgiving?

Steve Ash

Thanksgiving is soon to be here.....what are your plans?

....as for myself....living in Detroit Lions Country, I am hoping for a Green Bay Packers victory, so I'll be glued to the TV. We will be celebrating Turkey day on Saturday when we can all get together. Oldest son wants to cook the turkey and put on the feast at his house.

So, what's your plans?

This is the first year in a long time I'm not doing a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner with LOML's mom and brother. My MIL was put under hospice care last weekend, so things are kind of day to day right now. The thought of having dinner at home without their mom was not sitting well with LOML or her brother.

Instead of a to-do at our house this year, we'll be going to some friends' house to help them eat their turkey instead. The rest of the long weekend will be made up as we go along.

You're up early this morning Gramps. :thumb:

Youngest and his brood will be down tonight. Oldest and his girl will be here tomorrow as will a couple of others. I think we'll end up with 13 or so for dinner. Got a 20 lb. bird and all the fixin's.

The only thing will be to plan eating around the big game.

Packers at Lions. I don't think I need to elaborate on which team I'll be rooting for. ;):D

Karl

I'll be busy!

I'll get to church at about 8:30 to prepare the video and lighting for the service at 10:30. A quick trip home to change clothes and then back to church to help set up for Thanksgiving dinner. We have a lot of 'transplants' in our area (people who do not have family in the immediate area and are unable to travel for the holiday) so we always have a big dinner available for our "church family" - about 60 people will attend.

Friday has always been my day to put up the Christmas lights. Then it's into the shop to work on the new candle stands I'm building to match the other altar furniture I've built for our church. I really want to have them done for the Christmas Eve candlelight service.

Going to my sisters tonight to help prep for the big meal. We will be staying there until Friday and heading home (only 45 miles). Friday and Saturday will be finishing up some things on the To Do list, some dating back a few years.

I need to finish putting up some paneling to finish a small project that is taking 3 months. I need to run some gas line so I can disconnect the electric water heater, aka money eating machine. And to finally get a couple coats of paint on that one wall that was sheet rocked about in 01.

Sunday I will be walking around like a lost puppy now that NASCAR is over but I may crack a cold one to celebrate Jimmy's Championship.

Going to my sons home in Nixa, MO for dinner, visit with the grands and daughter-in-laws relatives. Probably watch some football. Friday some of the women will go into Springfield to shop. I suspect we will be 'volunteered' to baby sit while they do that. Normally, I would make a run to Grizzly but will wait a week to avoid the insane traffic of Black Friday.

Help LOML prepare the feast... yes, I cook too... eat the feast, watch football, eat somemore, more football, and if I'm not too stuffed I might get in a little shop time.:D

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Dinner at my inlaw's. Should be around 15 of us, looking forward to it. I'm making cornbread sausage stuffing and LOML will make the green bean casserole. Won't be heading over until after my daughter's afternoon nap, which works well because LOML won't let me wear my cheeshead in public, and my daughter should until the end of the Packer game. Hope I don't have to yell at the TV to much and wake her up.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Go Pack Go! Thanks for the helmet pic Karl (His was bigger Steve!)

Attachments

• Packer Helmet.jpg
    Packer Helmet.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
You guys must be talking about NEXT year, as Thanksgiving is OVER........ :D :wave:
I was about to say something similar Stu. My 2007 Thanksgiving was spent with my daughter Kristel's family in Carleton Place Ontaio. We had fish (pickeral) and a blueberry pie for dinner -two of my favourite foods.

I wish everyone who celbrates late Thansgiving tomorrow as good a time as I had.

hmmm... today I get to use my vacation day to run pex in the laundry room... ;)

Tomorrow, well, Doorlink sings to thousands every thanksgiving morning, so I get to stay home and organize, prepare, and greet all arrivals on the home front: all six boys, plus girlfriends, stragglers, hangers-on, Thomas's groupies... heck, it's thanksgiving, so everyone's welcome, but there's no way to count in advance... ;)

Friday, saturday, sunday: more laundry room. Geez...

As for football, when you're a charger fan, thanksgiving is usually a time to forget, or to lament what might have been, and this year, there are once again only two words to say: "Alas! Alackaday!" ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Tomorrow morning......a little shop time....

Tomorrow afternoon.....dinner at the oldest son's and play with little Riley our now walking talking 16 month old great granddaughter.

This weekend......unpack two huge boxes/crates in my shop.:D

Happy Thanksgiven

To our troops and those that have served over last 200 years..........
God bless them

Family WoodWorkers members and those about to become one............
Family Woodworkers who work for nothing
to keep this site going:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Did I get any browning points:huh::huh::huh:

Having 27 family members from
73 yrs young to youngest 1 yr young and all in between.

NO BOOZE, how did we get so lucky that many people dont drink and smoke................:thumb::thumb:

4 turkeys and all the trimmings. 2 turkeys being deep fried outside :headbang: :headbang:

After dinner will be playing games etc, lots of fun time

Going to watch the Cowboys during the day, my son and grandson love the Cowboys. I pretend NOT TOO............keeps my grandson and my boy on edge...............:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Going to watch another game at 8:00 PM...........................guess who:thumb::thumb::thumb:

New Tradition

Last year my wife and I started a new tradition for ourselves. We have very little family anymore and what we have makes plans a long way from us and I still work for a living so can't really travel far. We are going to the Williams Inn in Williamstown, Mass. for their Thanksgiving Buffet. Now this is not your run-of-the-mill affair. This is the most incredible spread we have ever seen!:thumb: The Inn is very old but very modern as well. They put on an event that is phenomenal. The food is outstanding and plentiful and the variety is unbelievable. We had such a great time last year, we couldn't wait to get our reservations in for this year. It's just over an hour away up and over the Berkshire Mts which makes for a nice ride. And we'll be home at a reasonable time. I might even get some turning time in.:D

Well, we're heading up to the big city of Ada, OK, about 3 hours from here. Will get to spend about 3 or 4 hours there, then hightail it back. This will be the first year we have not taken the dogs with us. That will make it a little easier, but this will be the second trip into OK in 5 days.:rolleyes: (We have one of Glenna's students coming to let the dogs out during the day.) Everyone have a great Turkey Day!! JIm.

I hope to start on a new project on Friday. My new workbench!
I have some 30 year old timbers that are either maple or ash (hard for me to tell) that I am taking to a sawmill to be cut into something I can manage.
Anyway I am pretty excited about starting this project.
BTW is 40 cents a BF reasonable for the sawmill to charge me to cut up this wood? Seems a bit high to me. I would think 20 cents would be more like it.