What's your plans for thanksgiving?

gonna fix tom

i had a tom turkey follow me home this fall i had to carry him most of the way he didnt fly or walk no more:) and so i get to fix him for my folks and my better half we got a tame bird to in case i mess up:huh: he's been swimmun in a brine fer 3 days now so he should be read come tommrow all soaked up witht he good stuff and ready to melt i our tummys.. gonna watch the packers win and maybe the cowboys too...

Daughter #2 is bringing her fiancé home for the weekend. She has asked me to take it easy on him. We are going to chop some firewood, and then I am going to take him shooting. I might even bring him back.

We are also going to see my parents and have dinner at their place. That is a tradition that dare not be changed, at least not yet. The rest of the weekend will be spent working the boyfriend and making him think about how much he really wants to be in this family. But I will smile while I work him. He is a decent kid, just needs to grow up a bit.

Man, you folks in Utah really live life on the edge, huh Kerry? :rofl:

Yeah! :rolleyes: Well ... it's just the two of us (no children), our parents and siblings all live far away, and besides ... we're just getting going on our projects.

Oh yeah ... and the neighbor family that usually invites us over for Thanksgiving is out-of-town this year. :eek:

Last edited:
My side of the family are gone now, so we decided to volunteer to help with a Community Dinner for the Underprivaliged tommorow.. Preparing and serving dinner I assume.

Saturday we will have dinner with her side of the family coming over.

Going over to the inlaws. BIL/SIL come down and bring Christmas presents for the Little Man - and my BIL plays with them.:D (He never had kids)

Wes

He is a decent kid, just needs to grow up a bit.

Hey, I think that about myself sometimes, and I'm 43. :doh:

But I remember well being put through the wringer by my then-girlfriends father. Of course, it was mostly all water under the bridge by the time we got to the Fiancee stage.

As for us... I'm in the Stu and Frank camp, so there's no turkey in our Tomorrow. :rolleyes: I think I'll take the kids to the library.

Dinner with my wife's family around noon time.
Then into work at 5pm. :(

My family is doing our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, so I'm really looking forward to that. :thumb:

The full Thanksgiving meal at my cousin's house for all of Dad's family will be followed by football. Hopefully some shop time on Friday after a trip to Rockler and Woodcraft to take advantage of their sales.:D:thumb::rofl: On Saturday I'll put a new lock set on a family member's door and do other good deeds.:)

Since we also don't have any family here--except one elderly aunt who has her own social calendar that's fuller than ours--we are going out to a local restaurant for a buffet. LOML is going to be working in the shop on cabinet doors and drawer fronts for that paying job $$$$$$ and I'm going to be cleaning/straightening the laser shop in preparation for a busy weekend--I only have 14 jobs on the list to be done!!! I think I'm going to be busy!

Nancy (29 days)

Spent the day at my sister house.

We had a touch football game after dinner. Lots of fun.

The two old guys, Andy and me, pooped out earlier than the kids.

it was a great way to burn some calories.

joe