Thread: Customer Service Kudos

ABQ NM

Customer Service Kudos

Figured I'd offer up an anti-rant about a recent Internet purchase...

I recently bought a few woodburning supplies from Woodcarver's Supply. It's a company I've not dealt with before. Last night I plugged in -- for the first time -- one of the burning pens I'd gotten from them, and it heated up for about ten seconds, then died. There are no replaceable parts on this pen, so I knew there were no loose connections I could fix. I called Woodcarver's Supply Customer Service, and after a quick description of the problem, the lady told me they'd ship one out this afternoon, and I could return the faulty one in the same box. No questions asked.

That's the kind of service that will turn me into a repeat customer, and cause me to tell the story on the Internet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

That's the kind of service we need to here about. I kind of get sick and tired of people ranting and raving against sears and the others. You get what you pay for really so its good to hear something good for a change. Thanks for posting Vaughn.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Tokyo Japan
    Yep, a good rant is NICE to see!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    As a one-time wannabe carver, I found that the woodcarving community is even more closely knit than turners or other wood workers. Invariably, they are all great folks and have a sharing and helping attitude. Glad things worked out for you.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire