Just Scraping By

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Craft Supplies is having a sale right now on their Henry Taylor turning tools (20% off if you buy 1 or 2 tools, 25% off if you buy 3 or more), so I picked up a few additions to the scraper arsenal. My heaviest scrapers are only 1/4" thick, so I've been wanting to add something a bit heavier.

These are, from top to bottom, the 3/8" x 3/8" HSS round nose, 1 1/4" Kyro radius, and 3/4" Kyro radius scrapers. The thickness of the Kyro scrapers is not listed on the website, but the 1 1/4" scraper is 3/8" thick and the 3/4" one is about 7/32" thick. (That last one is a bit thinner than I was hoping for, but it's a good profile, and the Kyro steel should hold a burr better than the typical HSS scraper.)

Henry Taylor Scrapers 800.jpg

I test drove the big one tonight on a deep bowl made from dry red eucalyptus, and it had much less chatter than my lighter scrapers. I also played with the 3/8" x 3/8", and it was impressively beefy. I think I'll be happy with these.

Vaughn,
nice additions to your arsenal. :thumb:
I couldn´t find this sale.:huh:
Feed back about your
Kryo scrapers.
Saludos cordiales
Alfredo
Alfredo, if you look at the individual Henry Taylor tools (you can start here), down at the bottom of each page you'll see it mentions the sale discounts (in small red print). The reduced price shows up in your shopping cart on the website.