Thread: Applewood . . .

Applewood . . .

Anyone purchased Applewood " mail-order " before ? No source here in El Paso. Seen it on the Bay but I'm not real comfortable with my chances on quality. Wood feel better going with a known source with recomendations.

This brings up another question I was wondering about . . . I might have missed a listing here but, are there sponsers here ? I like supporting things like that and use them whenever possible.

No experience with apple wood, but I've bought a number of turning blanks on eBay, and with very few exceptions, I've been pleased with the products. (And the exceptions were my own mistakes, not the sellers'.)

This forum is sponsored by the members, but we do have commercial members that we encourage everyone to do business with. Check out the Commercial Post Zone here. (It's part of the Off Topic area of the forum.) There's not a lot listed, but as more people view it, perhaps we'll get more commercial posts.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks much

I saw pen and turning blanks but I was looking for stock for saw handles etc.

Si I'll go take a look-see at that list ! Thanks again !

I have never purchased apple wood online before but I have worked with it. In fact I have a bunch in my solar kiln now. Its rough stuff, as in unplanned and all that. I know this, it is VERY hard wood to work with. It took the teeth literally off the bandsaw driving it through the sawmill. You can see burn marks on the wood where the log was so hard to cut.

If you can't find some online, I can get you a piece for a saw handle if need be. A few months ago Tod did me a favor and in true to FWW style he said "pass it up", meaning do a good deed for someone else when you can. I am looking to keep my apple wood for models and whatnot, but if you are just looking for some for a handle or two, I can hook you up with that amount of wood. The price?

"Pass it up," as in do someone on here a favor sometime if you take me up on my offer. Email me privately if I can help you out.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"