Thread: What is a "Woodsucker"?

What is a "Woodsucker"?

As I gather information to improve the absolutely miserable dust control I have in my basement, I came upon the excellent site by Bill Penze: http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm.

My question here is that he and some others in related links, refer to something called the "Woodsucker" or the "Woodsucker II". What the heck is this thing? I assumed it was a commercial unit for sale, but searches do not reveal any such product for sale. The is a web address w w w--woodsucker---com but all it seems to be is a collection of sponsored links to other products and services.

Anyone here heard of a "Woodsucker?" Better yet, anyone here found a cost effective solution to dust control in a hobbyist home basement shop. Perhaps I better go search for past message threads before posing that general question, but any links to info would be appreciated.

Ken

Ken, the Woodsucker is/was a cyclone. Evidently, Bill Pentz felt it was a good unit for a low power motor offering. A quote I read on a quick Google search said that a review in a magazine, had to be about 2 years ago now, sealed the fate of this unit. A quote from Bill said the test was flawed, but it sounds like the damage was done.
    Here's a link to what I found: Well, now that's wierd. My computer won't let me copy and paste!!! When I try, the come back here won't let me type until I back out of the page, then go back into it. Let me send this, and I'll take my computer down and back up and try again. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

It's back up and working now! Even the copy button on the drop down edit file was not usuable. Computers.....

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/d...rum=DCForumID8
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3