My shop progress.....and tour......

Well congrats Ken, that sure was a little time in coming, but well worth the wait. :thumb:

BTW, I have to admit, I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, utterly flabbergasted .................

Ken said:
I'm going to get cleaned up and go to a hardware store to get some WD-40 to clean the bed and surfaces up.

You did not have any WD-40 in the workshop :eek:

:D :wave: :rofl:

Naah....I'm not buying it, (no curlies);) 'cause I KNOW how ingenious some of you 'puter whizzes can get with "Photoshop", building pictures, Especially if you need to get some of these Deep Vortex guys to quit Pressuring you to Quit workin' on finishing your shop and fall into the Vortex instead. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well....I can use some of the photo software.......but in my case..............it's falling back into the Vortex :D

I have got a few more things to do to start turning on it but later this week for sure!

Well....I can use some of the photo software.......but in my case..............it's falling back into the Vortex :D

I have got a few more things to do to start turning on it but later this week for sure!

Ken, that IS a beautiful machine, (even to this not too VORTEXED kind of guy):D, and I know you are Really going to have plenty of FUN making a lot of beautiful items with it, (especially with the "HEAT" in the shop this winter). I guess you might as well go ahead and post all your "Flatwork Tools" for sale NOW, before they start collecting Rust.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think they describe that tool "The Cat's Meow", Right?:D Have Fun with it.:thumb:

what "rest of the shop"?........you knew better than to unpack your lathe first ken:rolleyes:

Let see......Sam Blasco is giving me grief because the MM-16 is still on the pallet....and it still is.........The turners are giving me grief because the lathe was still on the pallet............And Nancy was just giving me grief..........

Good Grief!:dunno::eek::rolleyes::D

Hmmmmm... Who dat sayin' he got a new lathe....

The Ken we've known....

View attachment 15007

The impostor...

View attachment 15006

:huh:

:rofl::rofl:

Kewl, Ken! :thumb:

Uh......Greg......The first photo was taken in June of 2003. The last photo was taken last night just after I assembled the lathe. I put my glasses on so I could see what I was assembling:D......I quit smoking nearly 2 years and 40 lbs ago.....The sweat band....keeps me from having to stop to clean off the glasses.........While I was a young man during the hippie movement...the US Navy prevented me from acting like one.........But.......hey......I'm still here!:D

Last edited:
3rd trigger pull.............

Well Tuesday, I placed my order for a 2.5 HP Oneida Super Dust Gorrilla. It shipped today and is supposed to be here next Thursday. Guess what I'll be doing over the Christmas holidays?

I paid an engineering fee and had Oneida engineer the ducting system.

Saturday a neighbor and I are going to uncrate the MM-16 and get it on the floor. Then I want to get my t/s, jointer and planer out of the shed and get them moved into the shop. I need to remove the paint from the working surfaces of the tool rest on the lathe and install the new adapter in the SN2 chuck. Saturday evening and Sunday.....I've got some spinny stuff to do.

Well Tuesday, I placed my order for a 2.5 HP Oneida Super Dust Gorrilla. It shipped today and is supposed to be here next Thursday. Guess what I'll be doing over the Christmas holidays?

I paid an engineering fee and had Oneida engineer the ducting system.

Saturday a neighbor and I are going to uncrate the MM-16 and get it on the floor. Then I want to get my t/s, jointer and planer out of the shed and get them moved into the shop.
Ken, stop! You're making me drool. :D:rofl:
Hey, if I ever get north of the treasure valey..........:eek:

Me thinks you're outta bullets now bud. :D But the Oneida will be a very well spent one indeed. :thumb:

I'm quite surprised that they charge for duct design now. When I got my 2 HP commercial the design was part of the package. And it was worth what I paid and I'm sure what you paid also. :thumb:

Oh well. Everything changes eventually. Ken even got his shop finished. :thumb:Something I didn't think would happen after that little bomb hit. :eek:

Karl

Well Tuesday, I placed my order for a 2.5 HP Oneida Super Dust Gorrilla. It shipped today and is supposed to be here next Thursday. Guess what I'll be doing over the Christmas holidays?...
Woo-hoo! Congrats on a nice finishing touch to the shop.

Never knew you had a tablesaw, planer and jointer. :doh: :D

Ken, stop! You're making me drool. :D:rofl:
Hey, if I ever get north of the treasure valey..........:eek:

Rennie,

If you ever get up this way....I'm in the phone book. Sharon and I always have an extra plate and bed! I weighed 176 lbs. when I met her....I weigh 260 lbs. now......She is a good cook! Stop on by!

Well,

Yesterday I uncrated my MM-16 but ran into a small snag. My ladder extended to within 6" of the ceiling but.......my come-along was too long to lift the MM-16 off the double pallets even when the come-along was fully retriacted...........I fussed and piddled most of the rest of the day....

Didn't sleep well last night trying to figure how I'd get that rascal off the pallets. Then mid morning this morning it dawned on me. I got a little ratcheting chain hoist...used the ladder trick.....At 1300 today, my neighbor and I lifted the bandsaw off the pallets. I spent this afternoon and part of the evening wiring the bandsaw, testing the motor for proper direction and cleaning it up. The phone kept ringing and later the oldest son came by to visit. I enlisted his assistance. We removed the crates for the lathe and the bandsaw from the shop and moved my table saw and planer into the shop from the unheated shed. It's starting to look like a shop. A few more changes to the some tools and I'll be ready to start turning. Yes!

I thought I was finished for the night. Then I remembered I had the adapter for my SN2 in the shop. I went and changed the adapter and checked to insure the chuck worked on Mustard. It did!

So.......I had not taken Melba for a ride yet so I put in a piece of scrap hardwood from the burn box and hunted up my skew and guess what......That skew works as well on the PM as it did on the Jet.........

I beat you Vaughn.....barely!:D