Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My shop progress.....and tour......

Well congrats Ken, that sure was a little time in coming, but well worth the wait.

BTW, I have to admit, I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, utterly flabbergasted .................

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I'm going to get cleaned up and go to a hardware store to get some WD-40 to clean the bed and surfaces up.
    You did not have any WD-40 in the workshop

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Now THAT'S the ticket, Fitz! Congrats on a fine lathe, and on FINALLY getting it set up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    And here's the photographic proof..........

Attachment 15001
    Naah....I'm not buying it, (no curlies) 'cause I KNOW how ingenious some of you 'puter whizzes can get with "Photoshop", building pictures, Especially if you need to get some of these Deep Vortex guys to quit Pressuring you to Quit workin' on finishing your shop and fall into the Vortex instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt View Post
    Naah....I'm not buying it, (no curlies) 'cause I KNOW how ingenious some of you 'puter whizzes can get with "Photoshop", building pictures, Especially if you need to get some of these Deep Vortex guys to quit Pressuring you to Quit workin' on finishing your shop and fall into the Vortex instead.

Well....I can use some of the photo software.......but in my case..............it's falling back into the Vortex

I have got a few more things to do to start turning on it but later this week for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Well....I can use some of the photo software.......but in my case..............it's falling back into the Vortex

I have got a few more things to do to start turning on it but later this week for sure!
    Ken, that IS a beautiful machine, (even to this not too VORTEXED kind of guy), and I know you are Really going to have plenty of FUN making a lot of beautiful items with it, (especially with the "HEAT" in the shop this winter). I guess you might as well go ahead and post all your "Flatwork Tools" for sale NOW, before they start collecting Rust.

I think they describe that tool "The Cat's Meow", Right? Have Fun with it.

Hmmmmm... Who dat sayin' he got a new lathe....

The Ken we've known....

Attachment 15007

The impostor...

Attachment 15006

Kewl, Ken!
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Hey Ken, that's a beaute! Looking forward to seeing some project pics.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    Soon to have a web presence! www.reynoldswoodcraft.com (under construction - a long way from done)

what "rest of the shop"?........you knew better than to unpack your lathe first ken
    associated with several importers and manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    what "rest of the shop"?........you knew better than to unpack your lathe first ken

Let see......Sam Blasco is giving me grief because the MM-16 is still on the pallet....and it still is.........The turners are giving me grief because the lathe was still on the pallet............And Nancy was just giving me grief..........

Good Grief!

Ken, congrats, a long time coming...now like others said, let's see some curlies
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website
    My Blog- Fine Curlies