We have CABINETS!

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
All but one cabinet is finally hung. I just can't decide where I want the last one. :huh:
The stereo and laptop will go on my corner counter when it's finished but this is the best place for it right now. I will devise a cover for the laptop.

SettingUp_100.jpg

100_2222.jpg

100_2221.jpg

That black cabinet worked out perfect for the Festools. :thumb:

The lower cabinet door opens just right to hold all my scroll saw goodies.
I managed to get that station (scroll saw) in front of a window where I wanted it.
It still has a lot of work left to do to it but the location is right.

Hm-m-m-m :huh:
Now to do something about those clamps. :rofl:

DT

Hi Don :wave:,
Glad to see you organizing your place of work. It looks efficient and really organized!
Your project there is as wonderful as any project to come "out" of my shop. It is in itself is a worthy undertaking! :thumb:
Shaz:)

Hi Don :wave:,
Glad to see you organizing your place of work. It looks efficient and really organized!
Your project there is as wonderful as any project to come "out" of my shop. It is in itself is a worthy undertaking! :thumb:
Shaz:)

Wow! coming from you Shaz, that is quite a compliment. :eek:

I'm having a very good time, making each step to be it's own project.
I will start something and then get an idea only to find I have to back
up two notches and complete two other projects before I can get this
one to come out like I want it to. :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

If I just wasn't so SLOW! :eek:

DT

Neat and organized, I broke out in a rash just looking at the pic's :rofl:

Seriously Don, great looking shop -- looks like some great times ahead in there. One of theses days I'll get out your way and look you up.

Enjoy, Tony

WOW!! Very nice!! And just when did you open up a Festool store? Do mostly internet selling? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Jim.

Uh... :eek: Jim?

I just talked to Bob on the phone. (ON SUNDAY NIGHT! :eek:)

He is putting an MFT package together for me.
I ask him what accessories I might need to get a good running start with it. (Them?)
Santa might just bring me a new gloat. ;)

Neat and organized, I broke out in a rash just looking at the pic's :rofl:

Seriously Don, great looking shop -- looks like some great times ahead in there. One of theses days I'll get out your way and look you up.

Enjoy, Tony

You are welcome any time Tony. Have to come after 3PM though.
I am a day sleeper and to deaf to hear the door bell. :eek:
I have worked nights all my life and try as I might, I just cannot sleep at night. :dunno:

When I get this shop finished, (right :rofl:)
I promise to take pictures of all my messes before I clean them up. ;)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

Looking Good there, Don. Another "Big One" checked off the "To Build/Do" List.:thumb:

How's the under floor electrical project and the overhead lift coming along?

I'm so disgusted with my progress I could Spit. I have had some kind of Sinus or some kind of infection and been through two 10 day rounds of strong antibiotics and it still hasn't completely gone away, so NO work at all on the shop for 5 weeks. It was so bad one week, that not only was the right side of my face swelled up, but my teeth wouldn't even go together OR line up, and my jaw was throbbing like a whole tribe of African war drums. I was on a liquid diet (out of necessity), (UGH) because I couldn't even chew anything, so I have NOT wanted to do ANYTHING that might even Hint at stirring up any dust. I really envy your progress and it is sure looking good.

Good to see a big chunk of progress, Don. Jim beat me to the wisecracks about all the Festool goodies. Your shop is shaping up nicely. :thumb:

Looking Good there, Don. Another "Big One" checked off the "To Build/Do" List.:thumb:

How's the under floor electrical project and the overhead lift coming along?

I'm so disgusted with my progress I could Spit. I have had some kind of Sinus or some kind of infection and been through two 10 day rounds of strong antibiotics and it still hasn't completely gone away, so NO work at all on the shop for 5 weeks. It was so bad one week, that not only was the right side of my face swelled up, but my teeth wouldn't even go together OR line up, and my jaw was throbbing like a whole tribe of African war drums. I was on a liquid diet (out of necessity), (UGH) because I couldn't even chew anything, so I have NOT wanted to do ANYTHING that might even Hint at stirring up any dust. I really envy your progress and it is sure looking good.

Ouch! :(
Sorry you are feeling so poorly Norman.

The under floor project I put the stops on. I came up with a better way to bring it from the overhead. More on that if it works. :rofl:

On the sky hook, the wood beam and "I" beam are ready to go up. He will be back on Wed. to hoist them up.

100_2214.jpg

100_2215.jpg

100_2217.jpg

100_2218.jpg

They will be hung from the walls them selves and every joist across the room. I've already told him if he hangs that "I" beam with all that rust on it and unpainted, I'll put a knot on his head. :rofl:

I hope you feel much better!!!

DT

Wow! coming from you Shaz, that is quite a compliment. :eek:

I'm having a very good time, making each step to be it's own project.
I will start something and then get an idea only to find I have to back
up two notches and complete two other projects before I can get this
one to come out like I want it to.
:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

If I just wasn't so SLOW! :eek:

DT

Don that what I always thought dancing was all about.:eek::thumb::):D:rofl::wave:

Oh & slow dances are good just ask the ladies.:):D:thumb::rofl:

You are doing a great job Don! Keep it up. After seeing your shop I guess you know that you will never be able to see mine. I will have to lock you out so that you do not have a heart attack.

Don, that is looking great. The cab by the scroll saw is perfect. Glad the black shelf units worked out as well. Even after I get a few more things cleaned up my shop tour will still look like the 'before' shot.

You are doing a great job Don! Keep it up. After seeing your shop I guess you know that you will never be able to see mine. I will have to lock you out so that you do not have a heart attack.

I would truly enjoy seeing your shop Allen. From what I have already seen you have a great place to work. :thumb:

DT

Looks pretty good, but it doesn't appear that you have planned for any additional systainers.

Never fear Sam... ;)

I spoke with Dr. Bob last night. I have been putting off the MFT setup for two years. Looks like my shop will end up built around the Festool system.

I made that black cabinet thingy out of cheap Wally-World TV cabinets. I didn't have a shop and couldn't get into the garage for the mess. :dunno:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4529471

That's it there on the right... (That poor computer room has been neglected. :huh:)
BackRoom_051.jpg

I also used them to temporarily fill in the space for the built in bookcases in the computer room. ( I used two different types for those.)

BackRoom_052.jpg

I just threw away the instructions and put them all together My way. :rofl:

So-o-o-o-o.... Now that I have a place to work, I can pull down the ones on the wall, make nice build-ins and have more room for the Festoolies. :thumb:

DT