Taking a page from Jim Hager's book....

Well Nancy, your a one digit midget. I haven't been one of those since I left the USN some 25 years ago. Looking forward to being one once again in a few years. In the meantime, I'll settle for being green with envy. :D

Well, the slide is getting steeper--7 days!!

My boss threw me a retirement dinner last night, and as expected, it was one of them "warm wet occasions." Lots of tears, at least from me. He had so many nice things to say (don't know where he conjured them up from:dunno:) that I blushed a few times. I got a lot of nice retirement gifts, but the capper was the one from him--the proverbial gold watch. But this one is really gorgeous and has diamonds down each side of the bezel. I've attached a couple of pictures of us - yep, he's the good-looking one (that's hubby's 83-year-old aunt on the left side of the picture). Can you tell I had been crying???

Everything after this will be anti-climactic.

IMG_0760 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_0761 (600 x 450).jpg

Nancy (7 days)

Nancy,

You're so lucky! James is three... I'll be able to retire the day he graduates from college! 19 years! ;)

We should all have champagne for you at 5 mst on friday! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I'd love it if everyone would have a drink at 5:00 p.m. MST on Friday! This has been quite a ride, and there are so many things I could say, but every time I try to put it down on paper (like in a letter to my boss), I start to tear up and cry. I've been in the 5-day workforce for over 42 years, with only about 7 months off and not working when I had my son. I've worked for lots of bosses and had lots of jobs, but this one for whom I've been working for nearly 12 years takes the prize. He is one of the most even-tempered, easy-going, best-natured men I've ever known, and working for him has been--99% of the time--nothing but sheer pleasure. It has been the most rewarding and gratifying job of my entire work life, and I've sobbed over leaving. But it's time for me to hang up my high heels, stay home and run my business, turn wood on the lathe, burn wood on the lasers, and go to work in my jammies if I want to. I have a list as long as my forearm of things I want to do, and I'm beginning to believe what others have said---that I'll be busier in retirement than I have been. It's been a heck of a ride, but I think I'm glad it's almost over.

Nancy (3 days)

What IS that bright light shining in my eyes??? Oh, it's so bright! Oh, yes, it's the light at the end of the tunnel. It's getting brighter by the minute!

Nancy (2 days)

here we go Nancy,,,,, As this is my first post to this long thread, i have been watching it sense the begining, counting the days,, reflecting on 100, 10, 9, 8 ect, being excited? Jelise (sp), happy!!! on your retirement, as my lomf & my best friends are at the same place, one day earlier, done with the normal work world, ready for what reirement has to offer, only the best wishes and prayers for and yours, can come from me and I am sure fom all of the FWW Family, if not only me, NOT! WELCOME TO DAY ONE!!