New "secondary" hauler

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Picked this up on Wednesday. It won't replace the Dodge Ram as my primary hauler, but it beats it hands down for getting great mileage going back and forth to the office every day!
It's a 2006 and whoever purchased it new liked bells and whistles. I especially like the remote start feature. Great for cold Idaho mornings.:thumb:
DSC_1680s.JPG

DSC_1681s.JPG

I saw one of those just the other day Rennie That's a nice looking truck! :thumb:

I have a feeling you will be liking that one.

DT

Congrats, Rennie. Looks like a fine grocery-getter. :thumb: And it was nice of the previous owner to take the primary depreciation hit for you. ;)

Rennie,
That's one on our list - in a few years that is. We need to use up the vehicles we already have first.:D
I'll be interested how it performs for you.
Wes

Careful with the remote starter feature as I have a friend who has it and he comes out of work and his truck has been running for hrs. Someone else has his frequency and it starts all on it's own. He is ready to disable it.

I think you'll like that HHR Rennie.

My mom got one in January '06 and just loves it. I made her get the leather seats, which include seat heaters as well as most of the available options. Having it warmed up in the winter or cooled down in the summer is nice using the remote start.

It is fun to drive and she gets around 25 MPG in town. LOML and I used it to go to a Packer game last season. Got 29 MPG for the whole round trip which included a lot of sitting in traffic after the game.

The only draw back is the visibility. It is restricted from what most of us are used to, however I've found that it's made me pay closer attention to driving and the others around me.

Karl

Careful with the remote starter feature as I have a friend who has it and he comes out of work and his truck has been running for hrs. Someone else has his frequency and it starts all on it's own. He is ready to disable it.

I don't know what kind of vehicle your friend has Drew, but on the GM's the engine will only run for 10 minutes before shutting off, unless you get in and drive it. If his is running longer than that he'd better take it back to the dealer and have it checked.

Karl

hmmmm.... I'll need to watch for that! The remote start has a feature that prevents long runs. If you don't put the key in the ignition it automatically turns itself off in 10 minutes. I know this works.:eek: DAMHIKT:rofl:

The only draw back is the visibility. It is restricted from what most of us are used to, however I've found that it's made me pay closer attention to driving and the others around me.

Karl
I have to agree - it feels almost cocoon-like after the Lincoln I traded in. Even so, there seems to be a lot of room inside for a small car. The mileage so far is good - 24 in around town driving. After a few weeks of commuting (90% highway) I'll have a better idea if I made the right choice.