Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man what a day....

Angry Man what a day....

Howdy folks. I hope things have been going better for you than they have been for me lately. On the afternoon of Nov. 14th I was on my way to pick up my son from school. I stopped to get something to eat and drink and when leaving the place I pulled out onto the street and up to a red light. The guy in front of me decided to throw it into reverse and back right into me. He caused $1325 in damage to my truck which was promptly repaired last week. I picked up the truck at 6:00 on Wed. the 21st and went right home. With the holiday and having fifteen people over on Thanksgiving I haven't driven much since picking it up. In fact I've only driven it about 25 miles tops over the past three days.

This afternoon at about 4:00 I paid some bills and headed off to the post office to mail them. After dropping them in the mail I decided to stop at the Goodyear dealer in town and price out a new set of tires for the truck. With winter not far away I figured I'd rather get it done now and have good meat on the road. I got the price and told the guy that I might be back in a week or so and get them installed. I left the place and got into my truck and headed home. Actually, I was going home to fax a copy of the accident report to my agent so she could close the claim. I'm sitting there waiting for traffic to clear and turn onto the street when all of a sudden, BANG this guy runs right into the side of my truck! He just threw it into reverse and started backing out without even looking. I can't even believe it but I've been driving and paying auto insurance for 27 years and never made a collision claim. Now I have TWO in twelve days!
    Again, I hope your day has been better than mine.

Take care

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Sorry about your truck. At least it was only the truck that was damaged--no personal injury is a good way to leave any accident. I hope the remainder of the year is not patterned after the last few weeks.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

That's some bad luck. But the good side of it? You're making claims on someone else's insurance policy!! Hope things start going a little mor smoothly for you now. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    That's some bad luck. But the good side of it? You're making claims on someone else's insurance policy!! Hope things start going a little mor smoothly for you now. Jim.

I wish that were the case Jim. Michigan is a "No-Fault" insurance state. Basically, no matter who is at fault your own insurance company pays to fix your own car. At least I carry broad collision and in both cases, I was not at fault so the insurance company waives my $500 deductible.

You are right though, at least there were no injuries in either accident.

CYA

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Hi John ,
    Sounds like you are experiencing some really good fortune this holiday season. Good for you! Had some of the same type trouble back in the 70's. Stopped at a RR crossing, headed for my first blue grass festival in west virginia, bamm got hit in the rear of my 914 porsche. It was the kind that had the top contoured to the shape of the deck lid so you took off the top and put it in the truck. It still ran and the top fit relatively well so I still went to the festival. Since it was my only vehicle I was still driving it with the $2300.00 estimate to fix it while waiting for parts, when in down town DC., bamm, I get hit again from the rear at a red light! Sheesh, Happy to say no love ones hurt. Blessings come in peculiar packages! Glad you are Okay!!!!!!!
    Shaz
    P.S. The top never fit right after that.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Man, that just sucks, John. Glad the damage was no worse, and there were no injuries, but it's still no fun to deal with. Like Ron said, I hope the rest of your year goes better.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Glad there were no injuries, but those that say "Just your Truck" should have their tongues scowered with Scotchbrites and Lye soap.... A man's truck is his place of solitude, his personal realm of control, the place where best decisions are made and SWMBO has no say-so. It do seem that these kinds of accidents come in multiples, if they don't do enough damage this time , we'll get the rest, next. Some still think that accidents caused by others don't cost you but. the bean counters and number crunchers of the insurance robbers association consider you a person who is involved in accidents where before you were a person who is not involved in accidents and now frequent accidents, look for an increase in your ratings in the near future. Here No-fault only refers to personal injury, each person's insurance will ensure that injury is covered and they will have to determine who ultimate pays, but vehicle damage is assessed to the "At Fault" driver.

Perhaps a new Truck will wipe away the tears and clean the bad karma you are experiencing.... Like this jewel....

Happy Holly Daze Sauce

Sorry to hear John. It is that time of year when a lot of people are thinking about anything but driving. My wife got hit Thursday evening as well. I hope you can get things sorted out quickly.

Wes

Oh, and Bill, because of people that John and many others have come across, my daily driver is not much more than an appliance. I am a big motorhead, but after having my first new car pummeled three times (it was parked for two of the accidents) by careless drivers, I figured it wasn't worth the aggravation keeping it too nice.

Bad luck John.....I'll stay over here in Central Michigan and stay away from the east side.

I'm glad you weren't hurt, trucks are replaceable.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Funny, like others have said, this time of year, people get rather busy, the weather has changed, and things just seem to go sideways at the drop of a hat.

I know that I do my best to not let the cagers kill me as I go round my daily deliveries, and if I let my guard down for a moment, I know they CAN kill me with little effect to their cages.

Be careful out there!!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward