Various pics of things recently off the lathe......

Stuart Ablett

OK first, I FINALLY got some new bulbs, the 5000K ones, cost me about $12 EACH! :eek: :dunno:

Oh well, they should work well..........

glossy_bowl_1.JPG glossy_bowl_2.JPG glossy_bowl_3.JPG
First a really glossy bowl I did a while back, I can still see a reflection, but the over all pics are MUCH better!

inclusion_bowl1.JPG inclusion_bowl3.JPG

inclusion_bowl4.JPG inclusion_bowl5.JPG
This next one is an unfinished bowl, only sanded, much easier to take pics off, and I think the pica are not bad :D

maple_box_buffed1.JPG blue_box_buffed.JPG
and two recent boxes, these have now been totally buffed, makes them really nice and shiny :thumb:

....cont........

Hi Stu:wave:,
Your work is very nice. I like the inclusion bowl and would try to figure a way of showing both sides as it would be a shame not to see the lovely grain you have turned on the underside. Can it be a lid?:rolleyes:
Nice pictures.
Shaz

I think these are some of the better pics I've taken so far, and I'm using my cell phone camera...... yep, the other camera is not working, something is wrong with it.

Some new work....

big_square_plate_5.JPG big_square_plate_3.JPG big_square_plate_6.JPG
big_square_plate_4.JPG big_square_plate_1.JPG big_square_plate_2.JPG

This is another square plate thing, this time, about 6" square, and about 3/32" thick, or maybe I should say thin :D

The wood is some of the Tochi wood I have, with the stripe or curl in it, some spalting a well.

I honestly think it is TOO thin :doh:

Next, a kind of a side note, I got, or I "FINALLY" got the right size or glue for my gold leafing stuff..........

gols_stuff.JPG

A little late, but what the heck, I'll use it again at some time.

I also got a can of Natural Wacto Oil finish! :D

watco_natural.JPG

Most places do not seem to have the "Natural" stuff, but the colored stuff, walnut, or such.

I can finally finish something in Watco, let it harden and then buff it :thumb:

Lastly, I got the dyes in the mail from the Klingspor people, great service.

I mixed up a bit of dye in each color...........

dyes.JPG

They sure look a LOT better than the pigment sains!!

:wave:

Beautiful work Stuart, and you're so productive.
I wonder if you have the time for doing something else, like sleeping.

Beautiful work Stuart, and you're so productive.
I wonder if you have the time for doing something else, like sleeping.

Four or Five hours a day, if I need it or not :D

The biggest thing I DO NOT do is watch TV, nothing against good things on TV, or the occasional sports, but I know too many people that plop themselves down in front of the TV, after dinner, and just watch whatever comes on. If you asked them to pay say a buck an hour, they would NOT pay a buck to watch the poor programing on TV, but for free they will waste their lives :huh: :dunno:

I'd MUCH rather be doing something more productive! :wave:

Four or Five hours a day, if I need it or not :D

The biggest thing I DO NOT do is watch TV, nothing against good things on TV, or the occasional sports, but I know too many people that plop themselves down in front of the TV, after dinner, and just watch whatever comes on. If you asked them to pay say a buck an hour, they would NOT pay a buck to watch the poor programing on TV, but for free they will waste their lives :huh: :dunno:

I'd MUCH rather be doing something more productive! :wave:

Stuart, you're so right, the TV programs are very boring, after dinner I'm working most of the time on my computer. Now I'm busy with a 3D presentation, and exploded view of the oval turning device, the drawing I post lately was to complicated for most of the people.

Have fun :wave: