Brown Mallee and Blackwood

Brown Mallee burl HF with Blackwood pedestal and lid/finial. 3.5" diameter by 11.5" tall. Buffed lacquer finish. A few pics from different angles.

TS461.jpg

TS461a.jpg

TS461b.jpg

TS461d.jpg

Dang Travis, you keep practicing this stuff, you're gonna get good at it sooner or later. :D

Another gorgeous piece. :bow: Thanks for posting the pics.

Most impressive Travis! Beautiful woods, form and finish! Really like the finial shape - very balanced. Outstanding work as always! One of these days I will have to make it to one of your classes! Thanks for posting!

I hate to be the one to tell you Travis but I think you've reached the zenith of your abilities. I just don't see how you can ever top that piece. It's beautiful beyond words.

Travis,

I'm trying to figure this out. I have the same lathe as you, probably the same tools and yet my work doesn't look the same. Maybe I have to learn a chant of something.

Awesome again!

Sorry Pete, ahh shoot, crud, dang, curses, frigging, dohhh, hummmppphhhh, forget it does not constitue a chant, Trust me it doesn't help even if it was, I've tried.:rofl::D

Wow, that is simply beautiful. I don't see many pieces I would enjoy having in my home but that sure is one of them.

Great work Travis! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

DT

Travis I called my fiance in to see this and she looked at me and said what is it? I just looked at her and said that is what I hope to be able to do one day. It is beautiful beyond words. Thanks for humbling me with your art.