Figured it was time to say HI

Les Key

Well guys I was lured over here from SMC by a fellow member. I'm graduating from Texas Tech with a BA in Architecture and moving to Albuquerque in January to be with my girlfriend. Still looking for a job but something will come through. Bad side is I'm losing access to the shop at the university. so if anyone is interested in a shop buddy let me know, I've gained a lot of interest in modern furniture design, but lack the facilities to carry anything out.

Thanks for the forum, and look forward to interacting with all of you.

Hey Les, welcome aboard. :wave:

Another Albuquerquean, huh? I think we've got more of them now than Canadians living in Japan. :p I grew up there, and get back from time to time. I can think of a lot of worse places to live. ;)

Coming from SMC, you'll recognize a lot of names. Good to see you here.

Hi Les, very wellcome, what are your interest, woodturning or flatwork ? :dunno:
I hope woodturning.

Hi Les, very wellcome, what are your interest, woodturning or flatwork ? :dunno:
I hope woodturning.

well, I've been somewhat interested in a little turning stuff but I don't have a shop of my own yet, and unfortunately won't for some time. I've been fortunate to have access to the facilities at the architecture building over the last several years but time has come to move on and I'm losing those and gaining a piece of expensive paper. Until I get to grad school or settled permenently I won't have a shop again. (Hopefully in the fall)

But so far it's all been flat work, once I get the stuff I'm building now done I'll post up a thread for review.

Hi Les. Welcome to "The Family". We'll be looking forward to seeing your projects.

I'm really glad to see your post for another reason too. Would you PLEASE put that Barbed Wire Fence back up, up there in Lubbock, 'cause it's lettin' a lot of cold air drift down this way, and it even let in 5" and 3" of snow here last week, and we're just not geared for that stuff anymore.:D